Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 05-29-2020, 11:27 PM   #61
Matson1984
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

The hair on this is so short anyway so you would never need to comb or style it.
Matson1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 04:59 AM   #62
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Looking good but I just can't get past the rooted hair on this (and other pieces for that matter). If I have to comb or style it, it just doesn't feel like a statue to me.
Got to say I’m feel the opposite, it’s the hair and the silicone that makes these pieces for me as they’re the ultimate in realism. Plus it’s not like you have to do the hair every day, just once when you unpack it and then you don’t have to touch it.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 06:52 AM   #63
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Got to say I’m feel the opposite, it’s the hair and the silicone that makes these pieces for me as they’re the ultimate in realism. Plus it’s not like you have to do the hair every day, just once when you unpack it and then you don’t have to touch it.
Except for each time you have to dust it, if you have it out in the open. But given the short hair, it may not be nearly as unmanageable if it were one of the longer hair styles.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 07:41 AM   #64
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Except for each time you have to dust it, if you have it out in the open. But given the short hair, it may not be nearly as unmanageable if it were one of the longer hair styles.
It still doesn't affect the hair style much even with dusting (long hair or short) a quick brush over with a soft brush is all that's needed. I prefer dusting real hair than sculpted as that can be a nightmare getting in all the crevices.
I do wonder on how much of these perceived problems are based on assumptions rather than experience? Surely it's best to take onboard the advice and opnions of those that own both types of statues/busts?
Old 05-30-2020, 08:21 AM   #65
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Absolutely amazing, reminds me of live action movie props... but better. If I could, I would totally get this one. Congrats to those that get it!
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 08:35 AM   #66
CWalker
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
it just doesn't feel like a statue to me.
Just typing out loud here: Not sure it is a statue (?) Trying to think would I consider wax museum pieces 'statues'? Hmm.

I think they are kinda their own thing.
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 09:37 AM   #67
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWalker View Post
Just typing out loud here: Not sure it is a statue (?) Trying to think would I consider wax museum pieces 'statues'? Hmm.

I think they are kinda their own thing.
Yes, I should just call them what they are - busts

By the way, even though I stated earlier this is not for me, it does not mean I don't appreciate them. I think they look great and if I had unlimited amounts of space and money, I'd probably have a spot for these. Also, since I've never seen one of these in person, I'm probably not appreciating it fully.
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 10:58 AM   #68
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Queen Studios in my opinion, is now the King in collectibles.

Queen is King.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 04:08 PM   #69
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
It still doesn't affect the hair style much even with dusting (long hair or short) a quick brush over with a soft brush is all that's needed. I prefer dusting real hair than sculpted as that can be a nightmare getting in all the crevices.
I do wonder on how much of these perceived problems are based on assumptions rather than experience? Surely it's best to take onboard the advice and opnions of those that own both types of statues/busts?
Actually I have the Prime 1 1/2 scale Wonder Woman, and when I had it out in the open the dusting would be a truly pain in the ass to do. And while you bring up crevices in sculpted hair, imo it doesn’t even come close to rooted hair, as rooted hair moves all over the place and as such the dust can be imbedded underneath and in between each strand of hair, while with sculpted its fixed and is easy to brush/dust out.

And note, I also prefer rooted hair for these large scale pieces. It’s just that in practice I find rooted hair difficult, unless it’s behind glass etc, which is what I eventually did with my Wonder Woman piece.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 05:50 PM   #70
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Actually I have the Prime 1 1/2 scale Wonder Woman, and when I had it out in the open the dusting would be a truly pain in the ass to do. And while you bring up crevices in sculpted hair, imo it doesn’t even come close to rooted hair, as rooted hair moves all over the place and as such the dust can be imbedded underneath and in between each strand of hair, while with sculpted its fixed and is easy to brush/dust out.

And note, I also prefer rooted hair for these large scale pieces. It’s just that in practice I find rooted hair difficult, unless it’s behind glass etc, which is what I eventually did with my Wonder Woman piece.
That’s fair enough, personally I still find real hair easier to maintain. I suppose it does depend on the level of dust in the room a piece is being displayed in and how frequently you dust.