Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

View Poll Results: DC Comics will revert back to original continuity in 1 to 2 years
Yes they will 30 76.92%
No they wont 9 23.08%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2012, 06:05 AM   #41
malkii
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Location: Somewhere you have never been, nor do you want to go...
With the back up story in Justice League this week, I would have to say I think this will happen.
malkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #42
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Yeah, after reading that issue it was like they are setting us up to go back to the way it was. God I hope so. It wouldn't be hard to do, just pick back up the numbering from the existing titles or start over again. I haven't liked the reboot and have stayed with a few titles in hope of them getting better , but overall this has been 1 big fail. Hoping the OLD DC Universe returns and soon.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #43
Dark Knight
The Cuban Crusader

The only thing the back up story did was show that the Phantom Stranger, the Spectre and some other cosmic entities all remember the way it used to be and are aware that Pandora is the one who interfered in the universe's history. Her line about the Justice League helping her whether they like it or not and the tagline "Continued in Justice League" suggests that this is an upcoming storyline for the book with all of reality at stake.

Considering how much of a financial success the New 52 has been, whether we like it or not, the DCnU is here to stay for the foreseeable future. The books would have to drop in sales to at least their pre-New 52 days for them to even start to consider going back. Keep in mind, the following books are all selling better now than before the New 52: Justice League, Action, Superman, Batman, Detective, Wonder Woman, Flash, Superboy, Supergirl. Teen Titans, Batman and Robin, Batgirl and Legion of Super-Heroes. Couple that with the successes of Swamp Thing, Animal Man, All-Star Western, Aquaman, Batwoman, Batman: The Dark Knight and the continued strong sales of Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps, and you're talking about the best times DC has had in a LONG time.

I'm not saying that they will never go back, but don't count on it happening anytime soon.
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:07 PM   #44
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
The only thing the back up story did was show that the Phantom Stranger, the Spectre and some other cosmic entities all remember the way it used to be and are aware that Pandora is the one who interfered in the universe's history. Her line about the Justice League helping her whether they like it or not and the tagline "Continued in Justice League" suggests that this is an upcoming storyline for the book with all of reality at stake.

Considering how much of a financial success the New 52 has been, whether we like it or not, the DCnU is here to stay for the foreseeable future. The books would have to drop in sales to at least their pre-New 52 days for them to even start to consider going back. Keep in mind, the following books are all selling better now than before the New 52: Justice League, Action, Superman, Batman, Detective, Wonder Woman, Flash, Superboy, Supergirl. Teen Titans, Batman and Robin, Batgirl and Legion of Super-Heroes. Couple that with the successes of Swamp Thing, Animal Man, All-Star Western, Aquaman, Batwoman, Batman: The Dark Knight and the continued strong sales of Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps, and you're talking about the best times DC has had in a LONG time.

I'm not saying that they will never go back, but don't count on it happening anytime soon.
100%

I got the sense that this was DC's way of saying "the past did exist, it wasn't wiped out, reality was just changed." and maybe in a way they're also letting everyone know that there is a potential way out of it. But yeah, I really do NOT see the DCU reverting anytime soon.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #45
rychehitman
Galactus

they arent going to change back. Like it or not this has been a success.
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #46
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I don't think they will yet. I am hoping that they will. Either way this has given them a opening to revert back once the newness has worn off and sales stabilize back to pre-reboot numbers. Then they can have a new event about returning the reality back to what it was.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:29 AM   #47
twoferflinchin
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
they arent going to change back. Like it or not this has been a success.
The success has started to decline & will continue to do so, slowly but surely. Meanwhile, Marvel takes back the lead with AVX next month. I look forward to the return of the real DCU, myself.
twoferflinchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #48
Jesse321
Galactus

I think that this story is DC's out for writing out what isn't working in the new universe and change it.

It seems pretty obvious to me that there will be a battle between Pandora, the Phantom Stranger, the Spectre and the Circle of Eternity (as I believe they called it) ... I'm of the opinion that during these upcoming battles, certain portions of the old universe will overlap into this one (Donna Troy, Wonder Girl, Starfire) being some of the obvious corrections that need to be made ... and this battle of realities will be the way they do that.

Remember there's also the new Capt. Marvel / Shazam coming, and Johns has already said "his origins are more based in magic than ever before", so he could an Agent of the Circle sent to infiltrate the Justice League to in an attempt to prevent Pandora from tampering with reality any further, until they can figure out how to fix things themselves, or at least prevent any damage ... and it's pretty obvious that what's in Pandora's Box is the real/original DCU, which is why she's willing to kill (or attempt to kill) to protect it.

But the simple fact of the matter is that with that story in JL, DC has acknowledged that the original DCU (and by default the Pre-Crisis one) existed, and/or still exist somewhere ... so at some point there are going to be some elements of those finding their way into this one ... whether it's next month or next year, who knows, but it's gonna happen eventually.

Personally, I will admit when I was wrong, while some of these books are TERRIBLE, some of the new books have been pretty damn good, and have recharged my interest in the DCnU, and for the moment at least I'll continue to see how things unfold ... so IMHO, this experiment has been a success.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #49
risingstar
Jedi Order

My thinking is that this new DCU will last until sales numbers fall below those which existed prior to the new DCU. At that point, the new DCU will have served its real purpose. The DC brass will then reintroduce the classic DCU and take advantage of the sudden spike in sales until those numbers stabilize, at which point there will be a new crossover event which should shake the foundations of the DCU, and the cycle begins anew.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #50
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoferflinchin View Post
The success has started to decline & will continue to do so, slowly but surely. Meanwhile, Marvel takes back the lead with AVX next month. I look forward to the return of the real DCU, myself.
While they many not have had the bigger sales (and I think that the 2.99 as opposed to 3.99 price point had a lot to do with it) month in February ... DC took all the top 10 spots, so I'm thinking they're doing pretty good.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=37444
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote