Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 01-23-2015, 11:27 AM   #111
Bornthugs
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

My akuma regular still available for those who looking for it..
Bornthugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:29 PM   #112
Juicemagic

meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Despite Jerry's best efforts at reducing it, the wait is still 1-1.5 years.

Jerry hasn't said anything about the 1/4 Akuma revisit being cancelled, as of now.

I dont think that Jerry would cancel/postpone the 1/4 scale one just because a 1/3 one is coming up....

...look at the mk stuff. they have released 3 (!!) scorpions mk9, classic and 1/3 and three sub zeros classic, mk9 and 1/3 (probably) so i would count on there being enough demand for it. and this is not even counting the busts.

Plenty of people dont want to get into 1/3 and are chomping at the bit for another 1/4 scale akuma. (particularly in that bad ass pose when he taunts with his feet planted)

Although people see the original akuma as a grail, I am not convinced. although i know it started it all etc etc etc...and the piece has history, but the pose is average to me. (although I admit i have never seen it in person)

When it came down to it, I knew that I was EITHER going to get akuma or Zangief when these were the only two I had left to collect, and I went with Gief. He is a big bad mother----er in a unique pose, and completely different to any other streetfighter. With all due respect, akuma is too similar to ryu and ken to justify the high price for me and I am sure many others, so we wait.

anyway thats just my two cents....
Juicemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:48 PM   #113
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

It's a news/timing thing.

From my observance, and from what Jerry has said himself in the past, sometimes statues are ready to be teased but the timing is not right.

Jerry has been working hard on the 1:3 scale Akuma.

Why would you start muddying the water by talking about the 1:4 scale at this time?

You won't hear about it until after the 1:3 scale pre-order is over.
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:25 PM   #114
Juicemagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
It's a news/timing thing.

From my observance, and from what Jerry has said himself in the past, sometimes statues are ready to be teased but the timing is not right.

Jerry has been working hard on the 1:3 scale Akuma.

Why would you start muddying the water by talking about the 1:4 scale at this time?

You won't hear about it until after the 1:3 scale pre-order is over.
agreed. but i do believe that both will be up for po this year
Juicemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 04:25 PM   #115
akumakiller
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornthugs View Post
My akuma regular still available for those who looking for it..
You must be kidding! I'm suprised no one has snapped it up at the bargin price of over $2000, its worth least over $3000. hehe
akumakiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 04:28 PM   #116
akumakiller
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicemagic View Post
agreed. but i do believe that both will be up for po this year
I would love for that 1/4 scale akuma to be up for pre order this year. In the satsu no hado squatting stance.

Face off against oni or ryu.

No word at all from jerry on which stance etc he is favouring.

It has to be the wide stance!
akumakiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 10:21 AM   #117
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumakiller View Post
I would love for that 1/4 scale akuma to be up for pre order this year. In the satsu no hado squatting stance.

Face off against oni or ryu.

No word at all from jerry on which stance etc he is favouring.

It has to be the wide stance!
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 10:53 AM   #118
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

You guys should run a poll (like the 1/3 Akuma poll) with a few stance options for the 1/4 Akuma revisit.

Test the waters to see how popular that stance is.

Because while I like the stance, and enjoy its meaning and place in SF history, I don't think it'd be the optimal pose for Akuma in this statue line.

Because he's going to appear squatted and too small compared to everyone else in the line. Especially Sagat (and anyone taller than Sagat).

And the pose seems like extreme action compared to the very slight action on display from the other characters.

Maybe a more neutral pose (think Akuma 1/3) for the revisit, and another Akuma in the Ultra Line?

The heavy action pose seems like it'd fit well with the action pose Vega that was shown. And he could get a rocky (environmental) base to accentuate the pose! Perhaps having the kata somewhat crushing the ground beneath his feet?

You can do things with that pose that would be very difficult to achieve on a plain black base.

But my main concern would be that he'd suffer from Zangief-ism. A 7'0" character that appears shorter than characters that are 5'10".

Thoughts?

Edit: I'd like to acknowledge that this type of creative compact pose did work well for Dhalsim.

But....

I also think that without his smokey fire base he'd also look extremely small compared to the rest of the line (proper scale or not).

Yes, you can put a tape measure on these to find out if the scale is perfect, but that doesn't matter if they look wrong.

Example: No one wants a T-Hawk in his 'Indian Style' sitting pose! Ya feel me (lol)? We all want a towering Indian BEAST! With a dang EAGLE on his arm!

Lol, end rant.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:49 PM   #119
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Because while I like the stance, and enjoy its meaning and place in SF history, I don't think it'd be the optimal pose for Akuma in this statue line.
I am a fan of more variety in the poses for the 1/4 line, which is why I wanted a meditative Gouken pose, but I could get on board with your line of thought. The only problem is the other pose I want is similar to the original Akuma, so it's unlikely to happen. I think I already missed my chance with the pose chosen for the 1/3.

Quote:
The heavy action pose seems like it'd fit well with the action pose Vega that was shown. And he could get a rocky (environmental) base to accentuate the pose! Perhaps having the kata somewhat crushing the ground beneath his feet?
Very cool idea.

Quote:
Example: No one wants a T-Hawk in his 'Indian Style' sitting pose! Ya feel me (lol)? We all want a towering Indian BEAST! With a dang EAGLE on his arm!
Someone wants T.Hawk?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:32 AM   #120
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Updated first post:

Expanded to include the dioramas, life-size busts, and the new 1:3 line!
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote