Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-05-2016, 07:58 AM   #101
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I don't see any similarities at all with Sideshow's version, but I do agree it is not good. This one needs to be re-worked badly.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:28 AM   #102
Demona
Martian Manhunter

You don't see any similarities that both portraits have their tongues sticking out? None? None at all?

Is it because one is "angry" and the other is "trying to hard to be sexy Miley" because either way I'm just not feeling it.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:37 AM   #103
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I guess that is one similarity. Other than that, no.

But yeah, not feeling this at all.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:41 PM   #104
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

You guys are tripping, not every piece has to be something you love because everyone has different tastes.

I like it and XM Studios is making this a companion piece with the Japanese Joker and if you want their new Batman. If you ain't into it then buy something else, but don't say you dislike if you think they are going to make a plain Jane version to your liking.

Now if you have constructive criticism then say EXACTLY what you don't like about it and not be so vague. XM can't read minds you know. lol

I hope they don't change it cause it's actually done very well.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:45 PM   #105
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post

You guys are tripping, not every piece has to be something you love because everyone has different tastes.

I like it and XM Studios is making this a companion piece with the Japanese Batman and Joker. If you ain't into it then buy something else, but don't say you dislike if you think they are going to make a plain Jane version to your liking.
Who said anything about a plain Jane version? They hit it out of the park with Batman, Catwoman, and Ivy, but they're striking out with this one.

I assume they post this stuff to get feedback. I don't think we're "tripping" to give them our honest opinion, with the hope that they'll make it better.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:50 PM   #106
SONICobra
Batman

doesnt scream harley to me, just not feeling it

catwoman was a grand slam, reimagined but still retaining all of the what makes the character unique
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:55 PM   #107
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:

I like it and XM Studios is making this a companion piece with the Japanese Joker and if you want their new Batman. If you ain't into it then buy something else, but don't say you dislike if you think they are going to make a plain Jane version to your liking.

Now if you have constructive criticism then say EXACTLY what you don't like about it and not be so vague. XM can't read minds you know. lol

Until you become a Mod here, don't dictate what I can or can't say on a piece.

I was trying to be nice by saying I don't feel it, but you want specifics, so here you go:

The pose is awkward
The face is, as others have said, very Miley Cyrus (which is not a good thing)
Can't stand the peace sign
Her legs look too short
Based on the photo, the tattoo looks more like a skin disease or scales

The more I look at it, the more it looks like she's smiling with her tongue out because she just bent over to fart in someone's face.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:57 PM   #108
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:

Personally, I think it said it very clearly. I like the tattoo and the costume design. However, the pose they have her in and the facial expression (despite knowing there will be a COH) are not working.

To be MORE specific -- her leg looks out of socket. She has none of the cutesy crazy in the face. She looks like a cosplayer Harley.

I think that is constructive. Never have I asked for status quo.

Oh and I hope the colors are RED AND BLACK. Not this blue business from new 52 and SS. Icky.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:04 PM   #109
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

I'm glad I posted what I did cause it brings people out to say what they truly feel. Much better specifically stating what you don't like about it than disliking it in a general way so XM gets no feedback on how to change it if they want to.

So my post did it's job

I don't see why everyone needs to think Miley Cyrus was the inspiration of the face, lol. You guys should know by now how Harley Quinn acts.

If she has this peace sign in her hand standing next to the Joker piece which has him standing above dead bodies kinda makes light of the situation which show's how their characters are in actuality.

But I am the minority clearly here so XM shouldn't listen to me but I am damn glad I said what I said to bring you guys out of your shell and speak specifics. We're humans, not mind readers.

I still won't let others change my opinion. Cause I'm entitled to it just like you.

I would like for the bat she has or whatever weapon it is to have blood on it.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:27 PM   #110
Demona
Martian Manhunter

It didn't really for me because I had already stated what I liked/didn't Some people are vague, but a great deal of us on here are not.

And XM should read your opinions too. Anybody who voices clear, non-confrontational, constructive and within reason comments should have a voice. For example, I agree the bat needs some detail. I'm sure it will have something on it and this is just to get opinions on Harley.

Now I'm torn as to if I would like to see her hair to be solid color blocks -- or blonde hair with dyed tips? Without the blonde it could be a LOT of red and black.