Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 07-13-2022, 01:49 AM   #31
jmason0122
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Upon closer inspection I did notice a seam where the legs/feet connect. Curious as to why they would make those separate pieces. The wings I completely understand, but the feet I do not. Silly kids, lol.
jmason0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 07:43 AM   #32
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

I see some scammer selling these for preorder on eBay, don't fall for that trap. Never do preorders on eBay.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 11:04 AM   #33
T-Rex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I really hope that everyone who PO will be satisfied. For me it is a very high price not only for those seams but also to have confidence on Weta production quality (very bad during last years).
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 11:24 AM   #34
SDguy

I actually didn't end up PO'ing, since without any discussion of the seams from Weta, I decided not to risk it.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 05:26 PM   #35
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
I really hope that everyone who PO will be satisfied. For me it is a very high price not only for those seams but also to have confidence on Weta production quality (very bad during last years).
The production quality has not been bad, they actually have improved last few years overall on what I have gotten. What pieces are you talking about?
Old 07-30-2022, 03:32 PM   #36
T-Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
The production quality has not been bad, they actually have improved last few years overall on what I have gotten. What pieces are you talking about?
Personally I had issues with Ringwraith classic series, cave troll and about 30% of my mini epics collection after one year have fall down/ don?t stand by themselves... that is why I decided not to risk myself anymore. I prefer to lost the opportunity of getting a figure rather than PO and having issues.

I also talk to friends with issues on ToT... it is not only me.

My experience is old figures good quality, new figures bad quality but overall huge difference between shown pieces and production ones... not to risk thousands for dragons with seams nor Frodo?s drowning in marshes... just checked out Theo?s last mini Smaug or Galadriel classics
Old 07-31-2022, 12:18 PM   #37
ilsensine

Quote:
Seams are just an insta veto for me, no matter how nice the piece is overall. I understand sometimes it might just be unavoidable, but I just pass on those. For instance, I really like Sideshow's Hulk vs. Wolverine and XM Studios Brown Wolverine, but skipped both solely due to head seams. Sadly, the seams on this one are far worse than both of those.
ilsensine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 06:21 PM   #38
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Personally I had issues with Ringwraith classic series, cave troll and about 30% of my mini epics collection after one year have fall down/ don?t stand by themselves... that is why I decided not to risk myself anymore. I prefer to lost the opportunity of getting a figure rather than PO and having issues.

My experience is old figures good quality, new figures bad quality but overall huge difference between shown pieces and production ones... not to risk thousands for dragons with seams nor Frodo?s drowning in marshes... just checked out Theo?s last mini Smaug or Galadriel classics
You are in the minority then, I also have a classic ringwraith and cave troll and no issues at all. The weta forum is full of collectors who also don't have regular issues(and even if they do it is fixed by CS). Their newer stuff the past ~5 years or so is light years ahead of the old for the most part.
Old 07-31-2022, 11:05 PM   #39
DevGuy
The Spirit

Quote:

Re: the Mini Epics;

Are you displaying your mini epics without the supplied clear plastic stands? I know it looks much nicer without them, but some (perhaps many) of the LOTR Mini Epics are unstable without the stand.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 11:19 PM   #40
T-Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsensine View Post
Seams are just an insta veto for me, no matter how nice the piece is overall. I understand sometimes it might just be unavoidable, but I just pass on those. For instance, I really like Sideshow's Hulk vs. Wolverine and XM Studios Brown Wolverine, but skipped both solely due to head seams. Sadly, the seams on this one are far worse than both of those.
I think similar. For example that happened to me with the huge seams in the Fell beast from Iron Studios. Amazing piece, promoted with images where seams were removed... but then when IS presented real pictures... tachaaaan huge, I mean, HUGE, seams on the wings... instant cancellation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
You are in the minority then, I also have a classic ringwraith and cave troll and no issues at all. The weta forum is full of collectors who also don't have regular issues(and even if they do it is fixed by CS). Their newer stuff the past ~5 years or so is light years ahead of the old for the most part.
I promise this is just my experience. I?m glad to hear that with the cave troll you didn?t receipt yellow bad painted orcs, the right arm had not the seam badly sanded (or didn?t have de join because it was one piece as Weta promises the first time), don?t have the mouth that looks an Adidas classic...

For me the proof that weta has been going south more and more is that it can?t release a piece with a high production number like before, because they know the won?t sell it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGuy View Post
Re: the Mini Epics;

Are you displaying your mini epics without the supplied clear plastic stands? I know it looks much nicer without them, but some (perhaps many) of the LOTR Mini Epics are unstable without the stand.
Of course I?m using the plastic stands. In fact, for me
This plastics are critical because, as you mentioned, if you don?t use them they figures don?t stands by themselves. Is just the quality...