Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music > Audio/Video Sales & Hot Deals Links

Old 09-12-2011, 06:15 PM   #1071
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
You have very bad taste in movies.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:34 PM   #1072
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
agree 100%

Looking forward to getting the BR from Target next week.

I recently picked up Ghose Tider extended cut at Target for $7.99 and almost got the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen for $7.99 but passed for now.

Really hoping to get WATERWORLD this holiday season! But hell...only 4 more years until the big 20th anniversary....so maybe I should wait for the big anniversary edition?!?

I guess I could bide my time searching for "Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever", "Norbit", "Son of the Mask", and "From Justin to Kelly"

thoughts?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #1073
rychehitman
Galactus

hey...at least I am not suggesting SUCKER PUNCH to anybody
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:58 PM   #1074
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:59 PM   #1075
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Of your entire post, the only movie I've seen is "Norbit", and that was beyond horrible.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #1076
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
And yet, I don't recall a single one of these movies having multiple threads going debating people's love or hate for it.

Ghose Tider, WATERWORLD, Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever, Norbit, Son of the Mask, and From Justin to Kelly

I think that's because everyone can agree, all of these movies are, to quote Ryan "beyond horrible".
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:08 PM   #1077
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
And yet, I don't recall a single one of these movies having multiple threads going debating people's love or hate for it.

Ghose Tider, WATERWORLD, Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever, Norbit, Son of the Mask, and From Justin to Kelly

I think that's because everyone can agree, all of these movies are, to quote Ryan "beyond horrible".

I still enjoy Waterworld.

However, I would never claim it is quality film making.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:16 PM   #1078
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Bah! Its funny, but you're still my boy
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #1079
rychehitman
Galactus

okay, this has gone far enough....some of the PM's I have received about my post are totally uncalled for....haven't you all heard of self-deprecating humor?

I make no apologies for being a loyal Waterworld fan....and I like to pick up superhero movies whenever I can to share my love of the genre with my kids. If a Ghost Rider movie can get them into reading a Ghost rider comic...then $7.99 is a great investlement.

Do any of you REALLY THINK I would be serious about wanting blu ray editions of Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever, Norbit, Son of the Mask, and From Justin to Kelly?!?! Well, From Justin to Kelly MAYBE....I mean what kind of a person doesnt like to watch the tale of a lonely, sexually repressed man, a depressed woman, and a summer camp. On that fateful night, they met... and their hearts became one. C'mon Ryan....Vaultman...you guys should have my back on this, right?!?

and I will close by reminding you all that Waterworld debuted at box office at No.1, and highly suggest you all read "Waterworld: Children of Leviathan" which was released by Acclaim Comics in 1997. Kevin Costner did not permit his likeness to be used for the comics; thus, the Mariner looks unique. In the story, we learn a little about the Mariner's back-story, as he gathers clues about where he came from and why he's different from others. The comic also expands immensely in the possible cause for the melting of the polar ice caps and worldwide flood; and introduces a new villain "Leviathan" the supplier of "the Deacon" (Dennis Hopper)'s Smoker organization. The comic also hints at the possibility of "the Mariner's" mutation may not be caused by evolution but by genetic engineering; and that his origins may be linked to those of the Sea Eater (sea monster during the fishing scene) glimpsed at in the film.
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #1080
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
I will close by reminding you all that Waterworld debuted at box office at No.1, and highly suggest you all read "Waterworld: Children of Leviathan" which was released by Acclaim Comics in 1997. Kevin Costner did not permit his likeness to be used for the comics; thus, the Mariner looks unique. In the story, we learn a little about the Mariner's back-story, as he gathers clues about where he came from and why he's different from others. The comic also expands immensely in the possible cause for the melting of the polar ice caps and worldwide flood; and introduces a new villain "Leviathan" the supplier of "the Deacon" (Dennis Hopper)'s Smoker organization. The comic also hints at the possibility of "the Mariner's" mutation may not be caused by evolution but by genetic engineering; and that his origins may be linked to those of the Sea Eater (sea monster during the fishing scene) glimpsed at in the film.
Your level of enthusiasm for Waterworld never ceases to amaze me. Gotta admire that. What does amaze me, is that despite the fact that you're super fan #1, you don't own this yet.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote