Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #31
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
i didn't like jacks joker either..
Heath def shouldn't have tried to be more like jack. he still could have done his own morbid version of the Joker. but to me he didn't stay true to the character. at least the joker i wanted to see. and its not entirely his fault. is has a lot to do with the writers.
i think he should have been more twisted and f***ed in the head than what he was. should have been more of an off the wall evil lunatistical psychopath.
i just didn't see the joker in his performance that i wanted to see. i think he took the meaning of making the character his own quite a bit tol far. to the pint where he wasn't portraying the character he was supposed to be portraying. to me anyway.
I thought he was pretty dang twisted and psychopathic. He robbed the bank and then murdered his own henchmen. He tried to blow up Batman with a rocket launcher. He blew up that guy buy putting dynamite in his stomach. Heck, he even blew up the Gotham hospital. I think that's pretty sick and twisted
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #32
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme

FINALLY!! Been waiting years to see if Sideshow will take a stab this character. I have all hopes for this but I like many of you feel that Sideshow will likely fall short of the realism/likeness that some others have achieved. We shall see.

And who wants to wager if this one's another 'leg-up' pose?
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #33
Loops
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm pretty sure the "Joker" by Brian Azzarello was an inspiration for the Joker in The Dark Knight.

Heath Ledger did an amazing turn as the Joker, he made it his own. All I saw was a crazy psychopath, a sick and twisted maniac willing to let the world burn because he felt like it. From the comics, apart from "Joker" by Brian Azzarello, my Joker is the character that shot an unarmed Barbara Gordon and crippled her. Those traits are the Joker to me, not a clown in a suit with a gun that shoots a flag with bang on it.

Depending on how this sculpt turns out and if it's a PF, this might go on my future purchase list.
Loops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #34
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
And for the record, Ledger IS The Joker. He made it his own and there will never be another quite like The Joker we witnessed in The Dark Knight. I remember being blown away when I watched he movie.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:35 PM   #35
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Loops says the exact same thing as I was typing my post. How bizarre?

Great minds think alike
Old 07-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #36
Loops
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post

Loops says the exact same thing as I was typing my post. How bizarre?

Great minds think alike
Great minds indeed
Loops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #37
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Old 07-29-2013, 09:44 PM   #38
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

This is one of the few times (perhaps only) when I would prefer a movie version to the comic version. HL Joker has become incredibly iconic in a very short amount of time. If it's a PF and they don't screw it up, Day One for me.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #39
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I thought he was pretty dang twisted and psychopathic. He robbed the bank and then murdered his own henchmen. He tried to blow up Batman with a rocket launcher. He blew up that guy buy putting dynamite in his stomach. Heck, he even blew up the Gotham hospital. I think that's pretty sick and twisted
far from twisted IMO, more clever than anything.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #40
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Will buy just because its Ledger.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote