Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-27-2018, 12:29 PM   #101
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

"Ooh, ahh, that's how it always starts but then the production paint is revealed and there's running...and screaming."
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 04:26 PM   #102
Xoras
Fantastic Four

Will be nice with their last Black Widow.
Xoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 04:38 PM   #103
ukshaun
Hercules

Given the piece is 95% black in colour, i don't see why it should be $600
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 05:05 PM   #104
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Given the piece is 95% black in colour, i don't see why it should be $600
Complex engineering. That slot machine will have the inside mechanism fully sculpted. It is so immaculate You just won't see it...even if you break it.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 05:09 PM   #105
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
Complex engineering. That slot machine will have the inside mechanism fully sculpted. It is so immaculate You just won't see it...even if you break it.
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 05:11 PM   #106
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
I'd imagine the slot machine to be a solid piece of resin. The reel's require 3x decals/stickers over which there will be a small piece of clear plastic. The arm will be a separate piece, maybe made of metal, probably plastic knowing Sideshow
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 05:50 PM   #107
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousse View Post
I think this is one of the nicer new female sculpts from SS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoras View Post
Will be nice with their last Black Widow.
Absolutely!
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 06:10 PM   #108
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
I know your post isn't serious but having 1 or 2 of the reels on the slot machine randomly spin and keep landing on 777 would be a really cool feature, but I know there is no way SS would actually do that.

I think it's after seeing that 'breathing' effect that First 4 Figures used on their Mimic chest that makes me wish more statues had a subtle action feature now, makes a nice change to just a light up effect.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 07:31 PM   #109
Comicbookguy
Hercules

This Domino is great looking! The price is just insane. This should be half the price for such a small character here. It's a great looking statue! But with the way prices are going you might as well buy prime 1 in 1:3 instead. Better deal going forward and p1 is only getting started on the main comic style characters. Go for the ultimate versions of your favorite characters. I can see some people changing over to 1:3 once p1 dishes out the heavy hitters of the comic version like Wonder Woman, Big Barda, Darksied, Bane, Zantanna,Canary, Batgirl, and even the marvel license with x-23, cable, phoenix, rogue, psylocke etc... It's only a matter of time when the price of a supposed large character will be the same price as a p1, 1:3 scale statue. Heck some of those 1:3 gaming batman statues are already less than a female ss pf. There will be no excuses when people say nah, I don't like this version of a p1 supergirl, superman, etc. Because we all know they will make many art style versions and one will be bound to make you must own it. The time will come when trying to get a massive collection with one of each character is going to be nearly impossible at the rate statues are coming out. At least for the average collector. The space is just never enough. Build a small guest house? It will filled in no time. lol The time will come when people must buy much, much less just to survive in this hobby. The saturation is getting to a massive bubble building bigger and bigger, not to mention the massive brown boxes.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 07:44 PM   #110
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
SSC could have used matt/satin/textured effects for her suit like in this art print.
Not a fan of all that shiny black, but Domino can join Black Widow and Catwoman in the Glossy Girls Band.
I like the portrait and the base is a winner.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote