Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-18-2017, 02:56 AM   #161
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
I'm still interested but I need to sell some other statues first. I'd prefer a comic version(1/3) but who knows if that'll happen.
Ever since I played through Arkham Origins I've always preferred this version of Bane. The wrestling suit getup has always been weird to me. (I'm still getting the PF 1/4 though.)
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:46 PM   #162
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
No activity in this thread in almost a year. Damn. No hype?

Now that I've jumped into this line, I'm considering him.
Sideshow's $50 code was push I needed. Ordered the Venom version. This lineup will look great.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:57 PM   #163
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
Sideshow's $50 code was push I needed. Ordered the Venom version. This lineup will look great.
Congrats! Agree, this line is killer.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:57 AM   #164
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Good thing i ordered him right away without any promo codes......wouldent want him to sell out
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:10 AM   #165
down_under
Kindly Asked To Leave

wheres the pics? come on people share them

edit: sorry its the mercenary version that has shipped not the venom
down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:57 PM   #166
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I'm interested too! Share is care bear...
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 03:19 AM   #167
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

It'll be a bit longer before the Venom version shows up. Got a delayed email.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:59 PM   #168
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

As Prime 1 appears to be winding down the push for the Arkham line, I have been looking at the supporting cast and this has got my attention. Interestingly enough, I actually prefer the Mercenary version over the Venom although the Venom version is bad azz! My thoughts for what it's worth.

The Venom version, although a very nice design and based on the internet the more popular of the 2, for me has a less 'realism' factor when generally matched to the other statues (minus Croc) with the green tubes running in and out of him. Although this IS the comic bane look, I am looking for these 1/3's to be as if they walked out of the game and into the world. The pointing is 'ok' and the 3 heads are a nice touch.

The Mercenary version, to be fair, at first did not get my attention. I thought it was lacking in color that reaches out and grabs you. And his pose and jacket did not speak to me. Until now. Imposing, dominant, alpha male statue that transcends the comics and games. Put him next to the bats and you think ohh wait, that's the guy that broke his back. And he is not intimidated by flying squirrels.

What is interesting is now Mercenary is showing almost sold out for a statue nobody seems to give the time of day. Only 350 total. Try and look for videos of this guy and good luck. Not found at Comic Con. Wonderfest 2017 it felt as if it was skipped over. Shiok Toys video admits that maybe this would appeal to the gangsta type? Reminds me of the Warren Buffett style of investing where you look where others are not looking, be hungry when others are full. Interesting when compared to a character that is very popular, released with a very low total ES, and almost un-noticed.

I think I will be going to place a PO....
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:37 AM   #169
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Both The Mercenary & Venom Version of these pieces rock. However the Venom version made more of a impact on me then the Mercenary.

The details on the Venom version were so well done and the additional enraged portrait it comes with is a big + .
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 12:58 PM   #170
tripletn@mac.co
Shadowhawk

I originally had both versions on PO. Love them both. The Mercenary version is more imposing in my opinion, but the Venom version speaks more to what the character is. I wish Prime 1 had given collectors a third option to purchase the Merc torso with the Venom statue especially since the legs are the same on both, and come in pieces. Oh well, they didn't go that way in production, and here we are with two statues. Thus I had to make a choice since I didn't want two Banes in my collection since I am trying to collect the whole line. Have to pick your battles.
tripletn@mac.co is offline   Reply With Quote