Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-14-2017, 09:49 PM   #91
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Without having first-hand info on negotiating with Chinese factories, I'm trying to wrap my head around what would 'sweeten the pot' or enable these kinds of characters to be made.

I would think that it's a pain in the ass for them to do low runs of characters. How much do economies of scale factor in for them? What if they got a contract to do TWO niche characters at the same time? Soliciting two characters at the same time may be rough on affordability, but maybe the guaranteed projects will pique their interest?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:22 PM   #92
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Without having first-hand info on negotiating with Chinese factories, I'm trying to wrap my head around what would 'sweeten the pot' or enable these kinds of characters to be made.

I would think that it's a pain in the ass for them to do low runs of characters. How much do economies of scale factor in for them? What if they got a contract to do TWO niche characters at the same time? Soliciting two characters at the same time may be rough on affordability, but maybe the guaranteed projects will pique their interest?
If recalling right, I think it was 150 pieces required minimum for a factory to produce a 1:4 character. The price would be high though.

As for your second idea, what if the sales for the characters are poo? That's going to be a huge problem isn't it?
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:20 AM   #93
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
If recalling right, I think it was 150 pieces required minimum for a factory to produce a 1:4 character. The price would be high though.

As for your second idea, what if the sales for the characters are poo? That's going to be a huge problem isn't it?
Well sure, but I guess I'm assuming most characters can hit that mark (150, assuming). The exclusivity could be a draw that offsets the lack of popularity. Customs do it all the time.

The problem is, we'll never know unless PCS decide to take a chance on one. Or through some other feeling-out process, e.g. kickstarter, advance deposit, open pre-order window, etc. F4F methods may prove useful here, in order to gauge serious interest.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:13 AM   #94
qz33
Rescue

If PrototypeZ can do T-Hawk how come PCS can't?
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote