Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 07-29-2017, 08:18 PM   #11
heman
Kindly Asked To Leave

I am FURIOUS! I bought this statue based on those preorder pics and the show display. Now that people are getting this, the tendons are not just off paint wise, they are COMPLETELY redesigned and look like a child took some playdoo and put it on with a terrible paint change.

I have the pallet in my garage and refuse to open it. Im in touch with HCG about it as i find this FLASE ADVERTISING AND PROMOTING!!!. I NEVER in a million years would have waited 2 years and paid the money, shipping and duties and taxes for what you see above.

Waiting for HCG response on what there doing about it. I want it returned and full refund. They also havent changed any pictures on thier website to show what it REALLY looks like. Cant believe it! If they dont correct this, I will never buy from this company again.
heman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:18 PM   #12
Vader
Ghost

If you take the tendons off it will probably look much better
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:24 PM   #13
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
If you take the tendons off it will probably look much better
Agreed
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:34 PM   #14
cratercritter
The Spirit

Don't take the tendons off. I would try to modify them, reshape them and apply paint. (depends on what the tendons are made of)...If you cannot do it yourself, have a competent model maker do it for you. The pic below is from the HCG website.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	alien5.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	106564  
cratercritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:32 PM   #15
heman
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cratercritter View Post
Don't take the tendons off. I would try to modify them, reshape them and apply paint. (depends on what the tendons are made of)...If you cannot do it yourself, have a competent model maker do it for you. The pic below is from the HCG website.
NO, Im not messing around with this. I should not have to in the first place!! I should have got what I was shown and what was displayed at the shows.

That being said, after paying all the shipping, taxes, duties and import fees, to pay a person to resculpt what was originally suppose to be on there and give it a decent paintjob is taking a huge chance as well. No, this is something that HCG needs to make right. Ive bought alot of product from them, if this was the statue I was getting, then they should have shown proper pictures.

Most likely these are made out of fiberglass and attatched to the actual mold of the head from what it looks like. Regardless, I did not spend over 8k for this.

I had a powerloader I got and it was crooked by about half an inch to the right going up. They glued it on an angle. The base was SOOO cheap it fell apart before even opening it. The bottem fell off as it was only glue gun glue keeping it together. I had to fix that to. So I have a crooked statue that ended up costing me about $1900 all said and done..............and I didnt complain or anything. I fixed it and everytime I look at it, all I see is a crooked statue. But I let it pass. THIS I CAN NOT LET PASS. Its desgracefull.

Im sorry for anyone who disagrees, but $8500 is to much for a statue that requires a minimum of another $500 of work, but there are no good artists around my area. My friend Bobby Causey could fix it, but he is now light years away from me now after moving.

This is HCGs problem to make right. AND if I were to ever sell it, it would no longer be original piece and you always take a chance that the artist you hire could break it or make it look worse. Not willing to take that chance on a piece that cost this much and took over 2 years to get.

Thankyou for the ideas tho guys!
Old 08-02-2017, 11:35 PM   #16
heman
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cratercritter View Post
Yes, this picture is what SOLD me on this statue and while not completely accurate, it looked good enough and a paint change is not that much to do. But THIS is not what I got, so Im not keeping it. If they dont do something , Im sure my credit card people will.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:57 AM   #17
Hyena
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Looking at the tendons in your photos they look very different in colour to others that I have seen , perhaps they forgot to paint them ? Do you have and other photos you could share ?
Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:00 AM   #18
Hyena
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heman View Post
Yes, this picture is what SOLD me on this statue and while not completely accurate, it looked good enough and a paint change is not that much to do. But THIS is not what I got, so Im not keeping it. If they dont do something , Im sure my credit card people will.
Please keep us updated how you get on , and good luck
Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote