Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 08-14-2017, 10:12 AM   #31
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC View Post
I have a theme I'm working on (GOTG related of course) that I've been keeping off CAF... it's a big project to say the least, and I want to wait probably a couple more years or so to release at least a chunk of it at once. When done (if that ever happens) it would be easily 100 pieces of art.
I too have a theme that I'm working on that I'm keeping off CAF. should be about 25 pieces - am about 15 in.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:37 AM   #32
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
I have a theme I'm working on (GOTG related of course) that I've been keeping off CAF... it's a big project to say the least, and I want to wait probably a couple more years or so to release at least a chunk of it at once. When done (if that ever happens) it would be easily 100 pieces of art.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
I too have a theme that I'm working on that I'm keeping off CAF. should be about 25 pieces - am about 15 in.
What’s with the off-CAF themes? I am really bad at uploading my artwork but my themes is the one thing I am pretty consistent with (with the exception of my Uminga, need to get that one up). Is there a reason you guys are in stealth mode until a certain point? Very interested to see both of these themes!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:27 AM   #33
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
What’s with the off-CAF themes? I am really bad at uploading my artwork but my themes is the one thing I am pretty consistent with (with the exception of my Uminga, need to get that one up). Is there a reason you guys are in stealth mode until a certain point? Very interested to see both of these themes!
for me honestly, I want to just finish up the project before it gets copied by someone else.

I have another theme that I had been working on - jam pieces based off of alex ross' original 7 painting. one year while I was out in nycc i noticed from afar what looked to be one of my jams being worked on by francis manapul. "I didn't leave anything with francis" I thought to myself. as I got closer to his table, I realized that it wasn't one of mine - just someone else doing the exact same thing.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 12:27 PM   #34
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
for me honestly, I want to just finish up the project before it gets copied by someone else.

I have another theme that I had been working on - jam pieces based off of alex ross' original 7 painting. one year while I was out in nycc i noticed from afar what looked to be one of my jams being worked on by francis manapul. "I didn't leave anything with francis" I thought to myself. as I got closer to his table, I realized that it wasn't one of mine - just someone else doing the exact same thing.
That makes total sense and is why I was hesitant at first to put my Larkin theme up. The more specific a theme is, the less you really want someone copying you. Some of the more generic ones are very difficult to spot a copy as some might be actually doing it coincidentally. My theme is extremely specific so I was really hoping nobody would start getting them done. Again, can’t wait to see what you have cooking. Good luck with closing it out!

CAF
Old 08-15-2017, 08:35 AM   #35
BillC
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
The main reason is it would have more impact if a number of pieces went up at once. I'm doing some partial stories and some full stories among other things- and for those it would be better to put up a slew of pages at once instead of one or two.
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:04 AM   #36
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
The main reason is it would have more impact if a number of pieces went up at once. I'm doing some partial stories and some full stories among other things- and for those it would be better to put up a slew of pages at once instead of one or two.
Makes sense!

CAF
Old 08-15-2017, 09:43 AM   #37
risingstar
Jedi Order

What about an all paintings theme?

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:45 AM   #38
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
What about an all paintings theme?

Too broad for what I am thinking of in terms of themes for this thread and “themed” more in how the art was created, not the content itself.

You have curated a nice painted collection of art. I’d think a thread focused on nice painted collections would be a cool way to bring focus onto those who have a large collection of painted art. You should start one!

CAF
Old 08-17-2017, 01:46 PM   #39
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Forgot about another theme I really like and is coming along nicely:

Batman B&W line:

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryd...sp?gcat=105118
Old 08-17-2017, 08:35 PM   #40
BillC
Hellboy