Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-04-2014, 05:18 AM   #31
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Looking at the original teaser poster i thought he may have been some huge, elaborately ordained Mayan/Aztec Death God of some sort, the headpiece looks somewhat ancient mesoamerican.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:31 AM   #32
ambasah
Red Skull

a big thumbs up to SS for creating something so cool. It will be tough to get a lot of these into my house (space/cost/wife/kids etc etc) but I will definatley try and score one here and there.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:46 AM   #33
Vallos
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Looking at the original teaser poster i thought he may have been some huge, elaborately ordained Mayan/Aztec Death God of some sort, the headpiece looks somewhat ancient mesoamerican.
I too was mislead by this poster. Seeing him in the line up photo, coupled with the comic strip, it would seem he is of average height. I think we will still see the crown, it's just silhouetted in the line up photo. Or so I hope.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #34
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
This line is indeed uber cool. Like!
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:34 AM   #35
dechirico7
The Flash

I am putting a lot of faith in this line. So much, that I am likely going to cancel some other pre-orders and I am selling most of my collection. If a couple more of these go up for pre-order this year I might cancel Wonder Woman and possibly Catwoman, a premium format that I have been waiting forever for.

My only concerns at this point are quality and the direction this line goes in. The Siren piece is as "fantasy" as I want to go. So far most of them look more horror based.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #36
statuehungry
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I love the girl that seems to have a serpent body, those creepy dead kids around the body, totally awesome piece, I really hope they can equal the paint quality on the final pieces.
statuehungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:41 AM   #37
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
I have not been more excited for a statue line in my collecting life! I mentioned this before in the Red Death thread, but this line has rekindled the fire that was slowing dwindling.

Looking at the comic strip, you can gather what Death will look like.

where did you find that? there is a comic for this line? an entire comic book story? how many issues are there? if not it would be cool is SS did do a comic for this line. would pretty cool.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:44 AM   #38
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuehungry View Post
I love the girl that seems to have a serpent body, those creepy dead kids around the body, totally awesome piece, I really hope they can equal the paint quality on the final pieces.
Death's Siren?
They aren't kids, but the souls of dead sailors with rotting flesh.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:45 AM   #39
Vallos
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I am putting a lot of faith in this line. So much, that I am likely going to cancel some other pre-orders and I am selling most of my collection. If a couple more of these go up for pre-order this year I might cancel Wonder Woman and possibly Catwoman, a premium format that I have been waiting forever for.

My only concerns at this point are quality and the direction this line goes in. The Siren piece is as "fantasy" as I want to go. So far most of them look more horror based.
I too will be selling 70% of my collection to help fund this line.

I understand what you mean on the deviating from the horror genre, but fantasy can be dark and horrific in its own way.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:49 AM   #40
Vallos
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
where did you find that? there is a comic for this line? an entire comic book story? how many issues are there? if not it would be cool is SS did do a comic for this line. would pretty cool.
It is just a comic strip (one for the Queen and one for Red Death) shown on Sideshow's website. I can't seem to find it, however. I posted the entire strip for Red Death in his thread. Post # 163.