Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-12-2020, 11:31 AM   #1161
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Just placed a small shim to raise back of base, tilting Flash towards the horizontal. The small change is already apparent, and a vast improvement just by simply restoring the original artistic intent. In this pose/angle/degree, Flash is exploding, tearing up the road, as he should be, and was.

Have to fashion a more solid, permanent, aesthetic solution, but I'm committed, and am confident that the substantial peg will hold. And I suspect the real beauty is that it will not compromise the look/flow of base and figure, but rather enhance it.

Those who own it, try it, and enjoy what should have been right out of the gates.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 01:00 PM   #1162
xb24
Sinister Six

Would tilting alter the center of gravity lead to leaning?
xb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 01:18 PM   #1163
Lestat Phoenix
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Just placed a small shim to raise back of base, tilting Flash towards the horizontal. The small change is already apparent, and a vast improvement just by simply restoring the original artistic intent. In this pose/angle/degree, Flash is exploding, tearing up the road, as he should be, and was.

Have to fashion a more solid, permanent, aesthetic solution, but I'm committed, and am confident that the substantial peg will hold. And I suspect the real beauty is that it will not compromise the look/flow of base and figure, but rather enhance it.

Those who own it, try it, and enjoy what should have been right out of the gates.
What about those small felt pads you put under chairs
Lestat Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 11:17 AM   #1164
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb24 View Post
Thought about that, since the original peg-slot was more horizontally oriented, and then was changed to a more vertical angle, I think it will hold.

Not a very heavy statue, with a metal rod and deep large square peg, I'm willing to take the chance because the original concept was so much better. And it's not only a question of showcasing Flash at his explosive max, but utilizing that brilliant "empty" space, as Flash overhangs beyond the base. The effect is brilliant.
Old 10-13-2020, 11:25 AM   #1165
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat Phoenix View Post
What about those small felt pads you put under chairs
Yeah, that would be the cheapest, safest way, with different size/thicknesses, gradual rise with soft support. But this would only work perfectly if you plan on displaying Flash head-on, where gap can't be seen.

I prefer the profile display option, which showcases all. So have to figure out on a gradual riser, with soft nonslip surface, with a way to "fill-in" gap, and blend to base.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:57 AM   #1166
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb24 View Post
It might. It all depends on how strong the support rod is in the statue. Shifting the center of gravity forward means slightly more downward force that the rod has to support.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:45 AM   #1167
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff0850 View Post
I have previously posted to this thread that I had to destroy my original defective statue. There is an approx 1/4 inch metal rod that runs up the entire leg to about 1.5 inches above the waist. The leg is very solid and I had to really hammer it hard and a lot to even get down to the rod.

I'll take my chances, preserve & enjoy the art as Bel intended.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:33 PM   #1168
FJC
Midnighter

So, I was finally able to pick up the EX Flash PF and it arrived today. What a fantastic sculpt. I'm very impressed with this now that I have it in hand. The pose is incredibly dynamic. The anatomy is fantastic and the paint apps are very clean. He makes for a fine addition to my JL lineup. Now I need a 1/4 Martian Manhunter and my Big 7 lineup will be complete.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:36 PM   #1169
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
So, I was finally able to pick up the EX Flash PF and it arrived today. What a fantastic sculpt. I'm very impressed with this now that I have it in hand. The pose is incredibly dynamic. The anatomy is fantastic and the paint apps are very clean. He makes for a fine addition to my JL lineup. Now I need a 1/4 Martian Manhunter and my Big 7 lineup will be complete.
Congrats!! Hopefully we get a MMH from sideshow soon!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:39 PM   #1170
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Congrats!! Hopefully we get a MMH from sideshow soon!
We already know that XM is going to release a 1/4 Martian Manhunter. If sideshow won't make one, I'll happily give my $$$ to XM if it looks good and he's in his classic costume.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote