Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Who's wins this one.
Superman 26 39.39%
Thor 40 60.61%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #41
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I still would like to know How Thor is going to beat Superman when Supes can fry Thor from miles away or fly at him like a missile.
Superman can also take the air away but I guess Thor doesn't need it.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:03 PM   #42
Jack8022
Daredevil

While I'm much more of a Thor fan than a Superman fan, I have to go with Superman because of the superspeed. He'd pummel Thor at superspeed while Thor wouldn't be able to land a blow. The question (for me anyway) is can Thor take the beating long enough to conjure up lightning (similar to Captain Marvel's Shazam-bolt) quick enough to slow Superman down. If so, Superman would be in for a world of hurt at the receiving end of an Asgardian hammer.

The handling of the hammer is the biggest problem I had with the Thor/Superman fight in the crossover event. A magic-based weapon yielded by someone of Thor's strength should've been considered lethal to Superman. The opening throw was sort of like a sucker punch but it should have (at least) put Superman out of action for the rest of that fight. Later on, the bones in Superman's hand should have been shattered when he tried to stop it with his hand.

I don't think that Thor would have won but there should've been alot more of Superman dodging the hammer and he should've been busted up whenever he was hit by it.
Jack8022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:09 PM   #43
lord odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack8022 View Post
Quote:
While I'm much more of a Thor fan than a Superman fan, I have to go with Superman because of the superspeed.
He'd pummel Thor at superspeed while Thor wouldn't be able to land a blow. The question (for me anyway) is can Thor take the beating long enough to conjure up lightning (similar to Captain Marvel's Shazam-bolt) quick enough to slow Superman down. If so, Superman would be in for a world of hurt at the receiving end of an Asgardian hammer.

The handling of the hammer is the biggest problem I had with the Thor/Superman fight in the crossover event. A magic-based weapon yielded by someone of Thor's strength should've been considered lethal to Superman. The opening throw was sort of like a sucker punch but it should have (at least) put Superman out of action for the rest of that fight. Later on, the bones in Superman's hand should have been shattered when he tried to stop it with his hand.

I don't think that Thor would have won but there should've been alot more of Superman dodging the hammer and he should've been busted up whenever he was hit by it.
Same here and that's why I picked Superman.
He can fry Thor's hands off before Thor even knows what hit him.
Then he can fly down and one punch and it's the twilight of the god.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #44
rilynil

Thor's power was been diminished recently when Dr. Strange had to use the Odin force within Thor to repair his hammer. So Thor, technically, does not have the Odin force within him now. Thus, he's less powerful than he was.

That being said, I have no idea how powerful Superman is now, so I haven't voted yet.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:20 PM   #45
lord odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
Thor's power was been diminished recently when Dr. Strange had to use the Odin force within Thor to repair his hammer. So Thor, technically, does not have the Odin force within him now. Thus, he's less powerful.
Yeah the doc is living in the woods now.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:21 PM   #46
rilynil

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
Yeah the doc is living in the woods now.
I always thought Doc was the outdoorsy type! I wonder if he has Wong fetching fire wood all the time.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #47
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Well I've seen Superman in comics (Worlds Finest #208) and cartoons (1960's Justice League) actually move the Earth. Also in one of those oversized Treasury Edition comics, Superman beats the Hulk with one punch! Seems to me Thor ALWAYS has a problem defeating the Hulk. Again, as a huge Thor fan, I have to go with Supes on this. He's just to powerful. As far as Thor's so-called magic, it just helps him stay in the game longer.
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #48
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

I think Thor would have to attack first with a lightning strike and then a hammer blow which I think would knock Supes to the ground, no problem.

The way Supes fights I don't think he would get stuck in straight away with Super Speed and Super Strength punches because that's just not the way he is, usually people strike at him first so this is good news for Thor.

Now if after knocking him down Thor can deliver a couple more hammer blows then he's won the fight otherwise if he gives absolutely any edge to Supes, Supes will take him down.

I am a fan of both characters so I can't vote.
ALPH4T34M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:01 PM   #49
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
Stop hatin!!!!
It ain't hate when the writting is terrible. I was actually buying Superman when he was worth reading but he back to his undeafeatable status. So I've lost interest again.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:12 PM   #50
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
I still would like to know How Thor is going to beat Superman when Supes can fry Thor from miles away or fly at him like a missile.
Superman can also take the air away but I guess Thor doesn't need it.
I would like to see Superman use long ranged attacks on Thor as well since Thor can deflect energy attacks and for the life of me I don't know why he didn't use this in the JLA fight which he used against Glads. Flying at Thor like a missle will only get you pasted up side the head with Mjolnir. Batter up. Thor has taken Supes Heat vision straight up and kept on coming so it is not as effective against him as you think. If dodging and heat vision all Supes got then he's in trouble when these things won't work.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote