Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-14-2005, 05:14 PM   #11
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I've always looked forward to the new JB movie. I have the entire collection and there's nothing like have a JB day when there's nothing to do and nothing else on the box. I liked Craig in Layer Cake but i just can't see him pulling the part off. Firstly he is blond which won't help and he is not sophisticated enough to play 007.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 07:34 PM   #12
fossa

so i guess wolverine won't be playing bond, too?
Old 10-14-2005, 08:03 PM   #13
Foord
The Avengers

Owen would have been great. Oh well.
Foord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 05:44 AM   #14
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye
I've always looked forward to the new JB movie. I have the entire collection and there's nothing like have a JB day when there's nothing to do and nothing else on the box. I liked Craig in Layer Cake but i just can't see him pulling the part off. Firstly he is blond which won't help and he is not sophisticated enough to play 007.

I agree. Though I don't think Clive can pull off that smug look. I've yet to see him in some time of real comedic role. But it would be interesting. At least they didn't go the way of Orland Bloom. I don't think Jude Law would be bad but he just seems too much of a pretty boy to pass off as a badass as well as a lady's man.

And I actually would like to see Hugh Jackman try a go at it. My fave has always been Roger Moore even though Connery made the character Roger made him (for me) the most debonair Bond, pretty much all about the sex haha. And Brosnan revitalised it. The Thomas Crown Affair was great too.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 08:13 AM   #15
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I'm not keen on the choice, but its best to wait and see how he does. When his run is over, lets get Ioan Gruffudd in the role
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 07:50 PM   #16
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM28Cardiff
I'm not keen on the choice, but its best to wait and see how he does. When his run is over, lets get Ioan Gruffudd in the role
there choice puzzles me....
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 10:31 PM   #17
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Connery is the only real Bond. The rest are all . Once Moore came it to play Bond, the movies were based on stunts, special effects, and pitiful little on story.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:28 AM   #18
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow
Connery is the only real Bond. The rest are all . Once Moore came it to play Bond, the movies were based on stunts, special effects, and pitiful little on story.
Thing is, I was born in 75, so when I was going to the cinema as a kid, Roger Moore was in the role, so I kind of like him! The best is View to a Kill, you have a clearly over the hill Roger, an even older Patrick McNee as his sidekick, Grace Jones, a wierd Roger/Grace sexual interface that is frankly disturbing (Roger's liver-spotted hands all over Grace's perfect back struck me as wrong even as a kid!), the legendary Christopher Walken as Max Zorrin, great car stunts in Paris, and the excellent Duran Duran theme song.

Best Bond though was Timothy Dalton!!
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote