Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-07-2005, 04:54 AM   #21
grendelscott
The Damned Mod
Adamantium Member

Saw Motley Crue last night and it kicked ass. Lots of music, theatrics, and female nakedness...Row three was awesome. Had a scare at the beginning of the show though. Some moron threw a beer at Vince Neil, and he jumped off of the stage into the audience and beat his ass. I thought for sure that they would call it off, but they kept on playing. It was funny though, because while the fight was going on, the rest of the band kept playing. The opening song consisted of the chorus to "Shout at the Devil" being sung while Vince was in the crowd fighting. Good times...

Oh, and Confessor would have admired some of his colleagues' "artwork" there...
grendelscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 05:36 AM   #22
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

That's awesome that he jumped down to "deal" with him. I remember I was at a NIN show, and someone threw their shirt at Trent, hit him right in the face while he was on guitar, and right in mid sentence of...damn I forgot which song, he pulls it off, and goes, "nice shot" and then continued as if nothing happened. Pretty funny stuff.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 07:48 PM   #23
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelscott
Saw Motley Crue last night and it kicked ass. Lots of music, theatrics, and female nakedness...Row three was awesome. Had a scare at the beginning of the show though. Some moron threw a beer at Vince Neil, and he jumped off of the stage into the audience and beat his ass. I thought for sure that they would call it off, but they kept on playing. It was funny though, because while the fight was going on, the rest of the band kept playing. The opening song consisted of the chorus to "Shout at the Devil" being sung while Vince was in the crowd fighting. Good times...

Oh, and Confessor would have admired some of his colleagues' "artwork" there...

I saw their first Tour show this year, was awesome!! They still kicking!
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 09:41 PM   #24
Mr. Mojo
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicboy
Judas absolutely rocked! What an awesome show! Halford's still got it, just an amazing voice. The man can wail like a banshee. Anthrax sounded great.
I couldn't agree with you more CB, Priest was great, but I wish they could have played longer. They have so much good material to draw from.
Mr. Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 12:09 PM   #25
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Well, I saw Jethro Tull last night at Carnegie Hall. Took my 13 year old daughter. It was her first concert and I found it both fitting. It brought back some very strong memories from many years ago. The very first rock album I ever purchased was back in '70-'71 and it was Tull's Aqualung. I was a huge Tull fall as a teenager. My daughter had no clue who Tull were but she was eager to go to a concert. We passed Noah's Ark on the way to Carnegie Hall but it was all uphill from there. The music was great although Ian Anderson was not in his best voice. I imagine that may have something to do with the years adding up. We were in the center first balcony and I was a bit surprised the vocals didn't come through as cleanly as you would expect at Carnegie Hall. No matter, they played a great set. They also brought along a special guest who played with them on quite a few songs, Lucia Micarelli. I'd never heard of her until yesterday but wow! She is a young classically trained violinist and she was mesmerizing. Just fantastic and a beauty. She played along with Tull to Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody and it was awesome. The interplay between her and Ian's flute was also quite entertaining. If you're curious check out her website Lucia Micarelli. At the end of the show everyone was given a copy of the new Aqualung Live CD. All in all a great way to spend a very soggy night and I think there's a new, young Tull fan out there now.

I've just picked up tickets for The Australian Pink Floyd at the Beacon Theater on Nov. 29th. Anybody out there familiar with this group? They are a Pink Floyd tribute band and the buzz is that they are unbelievable. I'm looking forward to that one.

Last edited by Zurbaran1; 10-09-2005 at 12:42 PM.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 10:27 PM   #26
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

Awesome stories guys but I got you all beat. Going to see Henry Rollins tomorrow
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 02:51 AM   #27
grendelscott
The Damned Mod
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecallahan
Awesome stories guys but I got you all beat. Going to see Henry Rollins tomorrow
My boss saw Hank here in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago and said it was great. I didn't have the extra time to take off, or I would have gone...
grendelscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 08:44 PM   #28
Daywalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecallahan
i think sam wilson used to work security for them
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 08:47 PM   #29
rychehitman
Galactus

Rollins is great! I saw him at one of his public speaking gigs! Those are not to be missed either...

Did anyone ever see the Mighty Mighty Bosstones live?
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote