Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 12-24-2005, 04:54 PM   #11
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

wow, joe, sucks that FF still sucks. I stuck out one issue past that first JMS issue. Damn.

I know twistered swears by this book, but damn. I may check it out during the Thor thing, like you said, but I'm glad I stayed away from this book.

And damn if I haven't been an FF fan for 20 years. It's odd not picking up this book monthly.
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 05:07 PM   #12
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack8022
I'm probably in the minority but I thought that Ultimate Hulk vs Wolverine was just awful. I don't want to spoil the issue for anyone but nothing about the issue impressed me enough to pick up the rest of the series. From the shock value of Wolverine being ripped in half I guess we can assume that they just don't make adamantium like the use to.
I can see where you're coming from on that, but honestly, I thought it was set-up slightly by Jennifer referring to wanting to check out his joints sometime. Obviously, Wolvie was torn apart at his joints, so it wasn't like the adamantium broke so much as Wolverine's tendons and ligaments did. That's my take, anyhow. Whether or not Logan could actually recover from that is a whole other fine kettle o' fish.

Has it been established that the Ultimate Hulk can't bend/break adamantium? I was under the impression that even the regular MU Hulk could, if he got mad enough.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 06:55 PM   #13
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
wow, joe, sucks that FF still sucks. I stuck out one issue past that first JMS issue. Damn.

I know twistered swears by this book, but damn. I may check it out during the Thor thing, like you said, but I'm glad I stayed away from this book.

And damn if I haven't been an FF fan for 20 years. It's odd not picking up this book monthly.
It does hurt to not pick it up each month, doesn't it? I'm so disappointed. Haven't read Cap on Ultimate Wolvie v. Hulk yet, though. Looking forward to them both despite the mixed reviews on UWvH.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:23 PM   #14
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
[U]

Infinite Crisis #3 of 7
Reading this issue, I feel like I’m on the outer periphery of a whirlpool where all the different parts of the vortex are revolving in parallel around each other and yet, as we move inexorably closer and closer to the center, everything will come together in one final cataclysmic moment.
But, for me, the highlight was the meeting between the E2 Superman and the E1 Batman.
Great reviews joe. You and I both agree on IC#3 exactly.

Thumbs up man.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 06:56 PM   #15
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Thanks, Mike. Have you ever read Adventure Comics #462? For a bat collector, I think this one should be a must.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote