Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #1
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Should I Try Hypnosis?

I have a problem.

I have a phobia.

I have a fear of big jaws and big teeth. So shark week is not my favorite type of programming, far from it.

I have forced myself to go through some of he classics.

Jaws III... okay maybe not a classic. Jurassic Park, Alien, Aliens, Alien 3.

Jaws III scared me out of my mind, so did the T-Rex from from J Park, Alien is very scary but not as much as it used to. There are some scenes that still get to me. The worst is when Ripley is strapping herself in and she turns her head and the alien is there next to her! Aliens have so many aliens that I get used to them and besides it's more of an action movie and don't have the same survival horror to it as Alien does.

I have forced myself through the James Bond movies with sharks and crocodiles as well. Thunderball does not affect so much, but the ones with Roger moore does.

The Star Wars Phantom Menace. The underwater scene. I have to move past that scene because fo that elongated snout fish with all the teeth. It takes me days to get the teeth out of my mind.

The P Jackson King Kong is a movie I realy want to check out but the T-rex scenes are enough for me to feel fear and I have to change channel, I have to.

The new Godzilla movie got me very excited. but the open mouth shot in the trailer got me jumping up in the couch of fear. I want to check out the movie but is won't be a good experience.

There was this guy on TV he had arachnophobia and after hypnosis he could even hold a spider. Another guy that was bitten by a dog as a boy could even pet a dog and have a golden retriever walk next to him and sniff him while he was sittting in a couch talking to the host of the program. I was very surprised of the success for these men.

I have thought about hypnosis to get rid of my phobia.

Even if it is for ones own benifit, it is kinda eerie to be messing with ones mind like that.

Does anyone here have experience with hypnosis?
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:29 PM   #2
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Does Julia Roberts also scare you?
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:45 PM   #3
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:41 PM   #4
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmic View Post
Does Julia Roberts also scare you?
No. LOL!

It's oddly enough only sea creatures and reptiles.

I realy want to check out Lake Placid because Michael Ironside is in it and he is one of my favorite actors. But one screen shot from the movie of Michael Ironside demise in the movie was enough for me to feel the fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
This this is too odd not to be serious.

If I had a phobia people could relate to I think I would have gotten better response... Or it could be something else entirely.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:02 PM   #5
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

I love Lake Placid, but I'm sure it doesn't have Ironside in it . . . was he wearing a bear suit

You want to cure your toothy phobia. Come to Australia for a holiday. Just about everything that swims, walks or crawls has teeth here
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:03 PM   #6
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
I love Lake Placid, but I'm sure it doesn't have Ironside in it . . . was he wearing a bear suit

You want to cure your toothy phobia. Come to Australia for a holiday. Just about everything that swims, walks or crawls has teeth here
Ironside is in Lake Placid 3.

Australia! The Crocodile Dundee movies scare me and it's not because of Paul Hogan's contribution. LOL.

The Dundee movies are cool in there own way.