Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-06-2023, 03:21 PM   #41
SONICobra
Batman

pretty cookie cutter response, typical email reply. well i guess if you still want the thing keep it on order but keep an eye out for one available somewhere else. unfortunately doesnt really seem to be anything else you can do
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 05:11 PM   #42
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

At least you'd get a full refund if you cancel or if you don't get it for any reason. Like others have said, nothing you can do but wait. I'd have probably got bored and moved on already but as you still want it, just hope the shipping doesn't go up that much by the time it comes
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 05:25 PM   #43
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
pretty cookie cutter response, typical email reply. well i guess if you still want the thing keep it on order but keep an eye out for one available somewhere else. unfortunately doesnt really seem to be anything else you can do
I did reply to their email so I could explain my concerns in writing. I was calm and cordial just as I was on the phone. Nothing will likely come of it, but I felt the need to make my voice heard.
greenknight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 11:56 AM   #44
AC_808
Hercules

Yea, that's all you can do ... voice your concern. There's no way to rush this. Basically at the mercy of Prime 1. So you'll just have to wait....
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 01:01 PM   #45
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
For the record, I think Prime 1 makes the best licensed statues over all, but if we're talking customer service, their company is definitely the worst.

I pulled the trigger on Green Lantern and made the order on their website on July 19. I see Sideshow will be selling it soon and I feel far more comfortable purchasing from them (And the shipping will be cheaper). I contact P1 on the 20th asking to cancel and get a refund.

Their reply felt like such BS stating their systems can't issue a refund.

I reply stating their company should be able to do it since the transaction was 24 hours (if I missed the mark it couldn't have been by much.)

Same BS Reply abut their systems and but they put in bold font that my order was ALMOST 48 hours ago.

I'm writing this because I'm not sure if I'm taking things too seriously or maybe there is a clash of cultures here. However, I am in customer service. I try my absolute best to help my customers. If I interact with one that made several purchases in the past, I try to provide a courtesy. Also, I'm empathetic if I can't fully assist my customer.

Prime 1's Service showed NONE OF THAT. I also read horror stories stating if a customer had a broken statue, their reply basically says "Just glue it back together"

Here is my question:

Should I:

A. Cancel Green Lantern?

B. Cancel all my orders on the P1 Website? (This includes Godzilla and Mechagodzilla)

C. I am taking it too personally and should keep the order

Thanks.

Are you sure shipping is cheaper. Every time on prime 1 pieces sideshow has more expensive shipping.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 10:50 AM   #46
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Yea, that's all you can do ... voice your concern. There's no way to rush this. Basically at the mercy of Prime 1. So you'll just have to wait....
Looks like my email reply did have some effect. Sideshow replied yesterday and they've agreed to lock in the original 2022 shipping cost to my order. I checked it this morning and my order now reflects that cost under shipping.
Old 01-10-2023, 11:11 AM   #47
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenknight View Post
Looks like my email reply did have some effect. Sideshow replied yesterday and they've agreed to lock in the original 2022 shipping cost to my order. I checked it this morning and my order now reflects that cost under shipping.

Voicing your concern after such a long wait is always a good idea. Glad you got the shipping cost locked down. Unfortunately the waiting still continues.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 09:19 AM   #48
greenknight
The Spirit

I posted this in the Prime 1 Mera 1:3 scale thread as well but decided to post it here too for those interested.

My 4 1/2 year wait has finally ended. No thanks to Prime 1 or Sideshow, mind you, but thanks to Big Bad Toy Store of all places.

I received an email near the end of July from Prime 1 announcing a sale promoting their new website, starting 7/24/2023. Since I STILL hadn't received the Mera statue from Sideshow and their website still said "expected April 2023" (even though it was the end of July), I decided if she showed up on Prime 1's sale, I was going to pull the trigger. On 7/24, when Prime 1's sale went live, she did indeed show up there and at 20% off! I immediately put her in my cart and began the checkout process. My heart sank, however, when I saw that Prime 1 had drastically increased the economy shipping. In April (when she showed up again on Prime 1's website) economy shipping was $265; now it was $479! My total price would be $1358 from Prime 1 versus $1248 from Sideshow. So Prime 1 took 20% off the statue price for their sale but jacked shipping up more than 80% in 3 months' time. That's some classic bait and switch that I wanted no part of.

For whatever reason, on 8/3 I checked Big Bad Toy Store. To my utter surprise she showed as in stock with $4 shipping. There was sales tax on BBTS where there wasn't on my Sideshow price since I pre-ordered her back in 2019, before Sideshow started charging sales tax. However, even with that additional sales tax she ended up being about $4 cheaper than my overall Sideshow price (even having used rewards and a $20 coupon for the Sideshow pre-order). In all likelihood it was more like $15 cheaper as Sideshow would have probably charged me tax on my shipping cost if/when she ever came in at Sideshow. I decided I had finally had enough and ordered her from BBTS. They must have only had one as she then showed as "sold out" on BBTS immediately afterwards.

I decided to leave my pre-order at Sideshow in place until she arrived from BBTS, just in case. She arrived yesterday (8/7/2023) and I was able to get her assembled. No issues as far as I could see. That is one heavy statue when assembled! I then cancelled my pre-order from Sideshow. Hopefully there are no issues refunding my card.

As I've said before, in all my many years of collecting, this has been the absolute worst pre-order experience I've ever had, bar none. If this had been my first pre-order experience in this hobby, I never would have continued. I cannot tell you how happy I am to FINALLY put this behind me.
Old 08-08-2023, 12:25 PM   #49
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenknight View Post
I posted this in the Prime 1 Mera 1:3 scale thread as well but decided to post it here too for those interested.

My 4 1/2 year wait has finally ended. No thanks to Prime 1 or Sideshow, mind you, but thanks to Big Bad Toy Store of all places.

I received an email near the end of July from Prime 1 announcing a sale promoting their new website, starting 7/24/2023. Since I STILL hadn't received the Mera statue from Sideshow and their website still said "expected April 2023" (even though it was the end of July), I decided if she showed up on Prime 1's sale, I was going to pull the trigger. On 7/24, when Prime 1's sale went live, she did indeed show up there and at 20% off! I immediately put her in my cart and began the checkout process. My heart sank, however, when I saw that Prime 1 had drastically increased the economy shipping. In April (when she showed up again on Prime 1's website) economy shipping was $265; now it was $479! My total price would be $1358 from Prime 1 versus $1248 from Sideshow. So Prime 1 took 20% off the statue price for their sale but jacked shipping up more than 80% in 3 months' time. That's some classic bait and switch that I wanted no part of.

For whatever reason, on 8/3 I checked Big Bad Toy Store. To my utter surprise she showed as in stock with $4 shipping. There was sales tax on BBTS where there wasn't on my Sideshow price since I pre-ordered her back in 2019, before Sideshow started charging sales tax. However, even with that additional sales tax she ended up being about $4 cheaper than my overall Sideshow price (even having used rewards and a $20 coupon for the Sideshow pre-order). In all likelihood it was more like $15 cheaper as Sideshow would have probably charged me tax on my shipping cost if/when she ever came in at Sideshow. I decided I had finally had enough and ordered her from BBTS. They must have only had one as she then showed as "sold out" on BBTS immediately afterwards.

I decided to leave my pre-order at Sideshow in place until she arrived from BBTS, just in case. She arrived yesterday (8/7/2023) and I was able to get her assembled. No issues as far as I could see. That is one heavy statue when assembled! I then cancelled my pre-order from Sideshow. Hopefully there are no issues refunding my card.

As I've said before, in all my many years of collecting, this has been the absolute worst pre-order experience I've ever had, bar none. If this had been my first pre-order experience in this hobby, I never would have continued. I cannot tell you how happy I am to FINALLY put this behind me.
Thanks for sharing your experience so well and congrats on finally getting your Mera.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote