Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 04-14-2014, 05:10 AM   #1
zimmermouse
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Need a quick advise on this Ebay sale.

Hi Guys, i have an urgent question regarding an Ebay sale i had.
I am from Europe, and i sold an 8 Muppet handpuppets set to someone in the States, HE bought them on friday last week and i had a busy fair this weekend i cannot ship them earlier than today,.
He says he need them within 7 days (!?) but once i give them to someone at the postoffice it is out of my hands. HE paid with Paypal..(as i am not a regular seller there paypal holds the money after they receive a message my package has been send out to the buyer)
I mailed him that i cannot give him a 7 day garantee but he still hasn't answered me back, now what i need to know is: can he still get his money back through Paypal even if i have send out these figures to him?? Can he use that they arrived too late as an excuse to get his money back?? I have no idea but why does he really need these handpuppets so quick, he could have bid on it for weeks because the auction of these puppets has been there for several weeks!
Please guys before i go to the postoffice today is it possible to still lose my money on this sale??
Thanks for helping me in advance
zimmermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:38 AM   #2
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

honestly...if I were you, I'd just refund his money through Paypal and cancel the transaction.

Shipping (unless you use some express method with a guaranteed delivery date) is out of your hands. If he needed the item within 7 days, he should have mentioned this to you prior to purchasing so you could make the proper arrangements

Seriously...for your own sanity, just cancel the transaction and return his money. If he's getting on your nerves prior to shipping the things, he'll definitely have problems with it once he receives it in his hands
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:40 AM   #3
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
honestly...if I were you, I'd just refund his money through Paypal and cancel the transaction.

Shipping (unless you use some express method with a guaranteed delivery date) is out of your hands. If he needed the item within 7 days, he should have mentioned this to you prior to purchasing so you could make the proper arrangements

Seriously...for your own sanity, just cancel the transaction and return his money. If he's getting on your nerves prior to shipping the things, he'll definitely have problems with it once he receives it in his hands
Old 04-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #4
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Walk away mate. Not worth the grief.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:42 PM   #5
risingstar
Jedi Order

Just so you know... The client can get the 8 puppets, use them for whatever reason he wanted, claim he wasn't happy with the product via PayPal, then send them back to you within 45 days of originally sending payment, and receive a full refund through PayPal. It's a satisfaction guaranteed process with PayPal. While this kind of doesn't happen often, it does happen.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #6
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post

Have to agree with this suggestion.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:35 AM   #7
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

I agree, walk away the guy sounds like trouble. If he needed them within 7 days he should have contacted you before bidding to ask if it was possible.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:44 AM   #8
zimmermouse
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Hi Guys, thanks sofar, he told me that it will not be the end of the world if package arrives a bit later. (all written in Capital letters btw)
I tried to send him package via DHL (i get discount there) but needed additional info on the AWb like Phonenumber, but he still haven't respond to that. For a guy with a lot of hurry he responds always very late. Now (after reading your posts) i decided to paypal him back his money.
When you cancel a deal on Ebay you have to file a claim about this matter, if the buyer doesn't agree about the cancellation of the deal i lose my Ebay-fees too.
Maybe he will giving me a bad credit aswell, i hope i did good i still have my doubts but to be honest before he ended the auction we also had some talks about the figures/ auction but they where a bit strange.
Very short answers always late responds telling me he is very busy, things like that.
zimmermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:56 AM   #9
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

I think you did the right thing, better to have one bad feedback than risk a potential paypal claim against you.
There's plenty of weirdos out there and trying to dodge them is half the battle on eBay
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:27 PM   #10
shakazulu
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I find people who demand too many things on ebay from quicker ship times and 101 questions will usually leave negative feedback and cause trouble. I've had several that ask for later shipping, and all kinda's of request and questions.

Then after all that they say the statue is damaged or buyers remorse and i get negative feed back. Ebay sides with the buyers and it's a scammers paradise.
shakazulu is offline   Reply With Quote