Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-01-2019, 11:34 PM   #371
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
You are insane. This pieces goes for 600 and up. This is a Grail w/o doubt. I hope your joking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
^I really like that 1/6 Koto, probably is the best in the scale imo.
Just goes to show how vastly different opinions are around here.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:07 AM   #372
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
If you want to call me “the great defender of artists” fine. I’m ok with that.

Did you criticize his sculpt or did you say he had no talent sculpting Apocalypse and should stick with other projects?

If your boss or coworker called you untalented and worthless at what you do would you not be insulted? And I don’t get your point at all? You are dumbfounded at the insults thrown at SS yet give yourself the green light to trash on Bowen and Villafane? Kettle meet pot?

If everything was relative(subjective), then cannibalisme would be considered as a matter of taste.

Do you get my point now?
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:13 AM   #373
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
There is some bad art out there lol and heres what it looks like.

Now i’m not saying people shouldn’t or couldn’t like it (thats subjective)

But objectively this wolverines anatomy is janky and the mouth in particular looks closer to goblin than human lol

Jesus, where do you begin? The metallic bowl base, with the generic clumping rocks, and cheap plastic looking tree stump. All of the anatomy is completely whack, especially the torso, which is unbelievably bad. A total mess. This makes the Bowen Sabretooth look like a masterpiece.
Old 08-02-2019, 07:26 AM   #374
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
If we are talking every single one....I like the one from the Sabretooth vs Wolverine dio. Although I think that one was 1/5

I own the ex, and is still a great looking dio. But, may have to sell, due to space, and recent orders.

For some who thought that the Sabes 2019 pf’s abs were too prominent, please note the abs sculpt on the dio Sabes. Too much? No. In hand, the anatomy of this sculpt is fantastic, even at the smaller scale. Besides, I’ve never heard any complaints regarding the excessive abs on the dio Sabes, unlike the concerns for the present pf.

When this Sabretooth PF is in hand, we will be blown away, and wish all hero/villain sculpts would be sculpted at these sublime level.
Old 08-02-2019, 07:51 AM   #375
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I'm a fairly happy and content person in life. I rejoice and celebrate anything I enjoy in life. I collect numerous scales from multiple companies and love any piece I add to my collection. I can compare any pieces, from any company, and in any scale without declaring a company vastly superior over others. It's not a competition with me. I just buy statues that I like from any company that produces them. I don't feel a need to pump up any company. Nor will I insult a company or sculptor if they aren't my cup of tea.

I don't have a problem being critical but I'd like my criticism to be constructive not insulting. I may not succeed in certain instances (the Deathstroker PF really pissed me off and I was really vocal about it)...but for the most part, I try to be constructive with my criticism.

Look, my intent was not to offend. And yes, maybe I did overreact, possibly due to the fact that I was still in shock, and pissed off on how casually this fantastic SS Sabretooth sculpt was seemingly overlooked.

And though you brought up a great point, questioning the popularity of a character in the market place, maybe choosing a similar 1/4 scaled sculpt for comparison would bolster your argument.

At present, the only reasonable comparison would be against the XM 1/4 scale Sabretooth. Am not sure if XM sabes edition size has been released, but will be very interesting when that number comes in. If XM tops out at their max of 999(?), then we can assume that maybe XMgot out of the gate first, and got a jump on sales. On the other hand, if XM Ed # comes in low, then we can pretty much assume that the character is indeed not as popular in the market place, regardless of the quality of the sculpt. Because right now, the SS and XM Sabretooth sculpts are the two best representations of the character on the market, by far.
Old 08-02-2019, 07:58 AM   #376
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
You are insane. This pieces goes for 600 and up. This is a Grail w/o doubt. I hope your joking.

No. It just means that there is a lot of people with questionable taste, with money to burn.

Consider this. Some guy buys the last Big Mac on earth, and pays a million dollars for it. Though impressive, the Big Mac itself, will never be considered ´haute cuisine’, regardless of the price.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:01 AM   #377
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Not sure if these have been posted already but came across these.

Badass.

Christ, what masterful sculpt!
Old 08-02-2019, 10:18 AM   #378
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
If everything was relative(subjective), then cannibalisme would be considered as a matter of taste.

Do you get my point now?
Nope. I'll never get the point of a man baby who throws a tantrum and overreacts when someone likes a statue that man baby has deemed inferior.

Man baby also thinks his opinion is above others and decides which pieces are masterpieces and which are ----. Insults will be thrown without regard if your opinion does not match that of man baby’s.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:25 AM   #379
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
No. It just means that there is a lot of people with questionable taste, with money to burn.

Consider this. Some guy buys the last Big Mac on earth, and pays a million dollars for it. Though impressive, the Big Mac itself, will never be considered ´haute cuisine’, regardless of the price.
Have you seen this in person? That piece put Koto on the map. Money to burn? It was pretty cheap, 8 years ago!! Big Mac no, more like the last T-bone in a restaurant full of wolves.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:18 PM   #380
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Was this Sabes ever featured on one of the live shows?

I wish there was more than 2 pics of the EX head at different angles.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote