Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-25-2020, 12:21 AM   #851
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Some reading about the port of LA, several ships have been canceled from china, and several more are going to be throughout the month of feb/march. So could be the shipment keeps getting pushed back to different ship containers that are being canceled.

Hate to say it, but the virus is pretty much going to make it a crappy year for statue shipments. Won't be shocked if alot of other stuff gambit/cyclops/colossus ships around Q3-4. Any new announcements probably won't ship until next year.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:27 AM   #852
built2shred
Phoenix

A lot of the factories are still closed down... I'm not expecting much this year in the way of statues.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:37 AM   #853
srttoz
Mephisto

I mean, it would be nice if SS emailed the people who they charged and gave them a proper explanation. I have no problem waiting but at least explain the delay to me.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:28 AM   #854
slow17motion
The Spirit

They should send out an email telling us what the holdup is. I check the forums to see people's interactions with customer service, because I'm just really anxious to get this in hand. I think this is a beautiful piece. After Logan, I'm super excited about Sabretooth.

Fingers crossed for shipping this week. I'm in NY, so it'll be about six days after shipping before I see it!
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 04:45 AM   #855
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
A lot of the factories are still closed down... I'm not expecting much this year in the way of statues.
I keep waiting for Cyclops and Flash to get delayed. It will have to have a cascade effect as the factories remain closed.

Honestly, I'm okay waiting a little longer to shell out all that money--but Cyclops is my favorite character and I'm definitely looking forward to getting him in hand.

The Coronavirus is a difficult thing to accurately assess. Aside from the fact that China can't be relied upon to supply information, many media outlets in the United States seem bent on skewing information to either attack Trump or intentionally sink stocks in the hopes of created a significant dip before election season really starts up. Obviously, statues are secondary to health risks--but it would be nice to remain informed.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:27 AM   #856
CWalker
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by srttoz View Post
I mean, it would be nice if SS emailed the people who they charged and gave them a proper explanation. I have no problem waiting but at least explain the delay to me.
Totally agree.
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 08:44 AM   #857
Mr.Mxyzptlk
Justice League

I think emailing in regards to the precautionary measures they’re taking is a panic they don’t want, yet 2 weeks is a long time to hold their customers monies...I’m upset and I ALMOST wanna cancel for a refund but GOOD GOD this is a Martin Canale Sabretooth!! Even if the statue smelled like Asian farts, I’d still keep this statue!! I also hope we get a new Wolvie to go along with him!
Mr.Mxyzptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:48 AM   #858
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post

The Coronavirus is a difficult thing to accurately assess. Aside from the fact that China can't be relied upon to supply information, many media outlets in the United States seem bent on skewing information to either attack Trump or intentionally sink stocks in the hopes of created a significant dip before election season really starts up. Obviously, statues are secondary to health risks--but it would be nice to remain informed.
Well China is trying to save face internationally, civil unrest in its own country, trying to contain the virus, preventing false news and real news, controlling the narrative to prevent an economic recession and i'm sure some others. Trade wars weren't helping before this, just the timing of the virus only made things worse. Its a giant cluster, even when people go back to work its going to take a while to get things moving again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk View Post
Even if the statue smelled like Asian farts, I’d still keep this statue!! I also hope we get a new Wolvie to go along with him!

Kinky new smelly edition..........
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:44 PM   #859
slow17motion
The Spirit

[QUOTE=moyiori;5837102]Well China is trying to save face internationally, civil unrest in its own country, trying to contain the virus, preventing false news and real news, controlling the narrative to prevent an economic recession and i'm sure some others. Trade wars weren't helping before this, just the timing of the virus only made things worse. Its a giant cluster, even when people go back to work its going to take a while to get things moving again.

I imagine you're correct about everything here. I wish them the best. Sideshow has managed to do a fantastic job with their production pieces as of late. Jean Grey and Logan (both are in my house right now) look fantastic.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:44 PM   #860
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk View Post
I think emailing in regards to the precautionary measures they’re taking is a panic they don’t want, yet 2 weeks is a long time to hold their customers monies...I’m upset and I ALMOST wanna cancel for a refund but GOOD GOD this is a Martin Canale Sabretooth!! Even if the statue smelled like Asian farts, I’d still keep this statue!! I also hope we get a new Wolvie to go along with him!
I think you'd regret canceling it. It's an AMAZING piece. I can't wait.