Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-27-2020, 06:21 PM   #881
101son
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
How do you guys feel Canale did with Batman ?
i think Canale shines when it comes to the sculpts of big/beastly characters , like this Sabes or even as far back as his Hulk Vs Wolvie ,which is still one of my Fav pieces .
but batman being a semi normal character ( anatomy wise) id say it was a big miss IMO.
as far as anything he's done in Marvel i've mostly loved tho. Again his cable was great.
i'm really looking forward to the next Mutant he does,
Brown suit wolvie or even a Beast i know he would absolutely KILL
101son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 07:26 PM   #882
srttoz
Mephisto

I don't collect any DC pieces but I just looked at the statue on the site and I think it looks pretty cool. That said it's way more Arkham style meaning he's very bulky so I understand people not liking it. Not sure how I feel about the pose though. I think it could have been better with a more straight up pose.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 05:30 PM   #883
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

So,............no more news on this thing? And don’t overseas clients receive theirs before North America? At this point, I’d settle for a foreign review, even if I don’t understand the spoken language.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 02:03 PM   #884
NSHStatue&Soles
Fantastic Four

Spoke with support chat today. Sabes is still stuck at the port and their exact words were “we have no idea when we’re going to get him in. If you want to cancel for a refund I can do that for you.”

The wait continues with no light at the end of the tunnel in site it seems.
NSHStatue&Soles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 02:08 PM   #885
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

We should open up a pool - $5 buy in, to guess what month this will get released lol. With answers like that from SS, might be next year. Yikes.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 02:21 PM   #886
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
We should open up a pool - $5 buy in, to guess what month this will get released lol. With answers like that from SS, might be next year. Yikes.
lol, i say probably by the end of this month, i can't imagine longer. Just remember that its not SS, they probably don't get any answers so they don't know what to say to customers at this point. The bummer is that we don't know which port, the one in china or the port of los angeles ?
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 02:23 PM   #887
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

They should start offering complete refunds, NRD included or the option to wait with 3x rewards points or free shipping. It's really unprofessional of them to hold on to our funds for this long, ship nothing and remain silent all this time.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 02:44 PM   #888
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
They should start offering complete refunds, NRD included or the option to wait with 3x rewards points or free shipping. It's really unprofessional of them to hold on to our funds for this long, ship nothing and remain silent all this time.

Full refund is generous, it's unique circumstances, so I don't see them doing or needing to do 3X rewards or free shipping.

I don't see it as unprofessional for them to hold the funds, as they were probably told delivery will happen and they auto processed with that information. If they wanted to hold your funds for several months, with no product then it would be an issue that we should be aware of ahead of time.

I know it frustrating, but we just gotta hang on a little longer. Besides you already expected to spend this money, so why go through the effort of a refund when you know you'll still end up purchasing him?
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 02:54 PM   #889
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Full refund is generous, it's unique circumstances, so I don't see them doing or needing to do 3X rewards or free shipping.

I don't see it as unprofessional for them to hold the funds, as they were probably told delivery will happen and they auto processed with that information. If they wanted to hold your funds for several months, with no product then it would be an issue that we should be aware of ahead of time.

I know it frustrating, but we just gotta hang on a little longer. Besides you already expected to spend this money, so why go through the effort of a refund when you know you'll still end up purchasing him?
I was playing devil's advocate. I understand it's circumstances that's beyond their control. However, a courtesy email to reassure their customers is not really too much to ask. Hopefully things will be resolved soon.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 02:55 PM   #890
aa909
The Green Hornet

Thankfully this piece looks great (based on the unboxing vids) so I'm not too worried about this delay. But it is very poor practice for SS to have charged everyone for the full payment when they did not have this in hand and ready to ship.

It sounds like they were trying to make a few extra pennies in interest by banking the $$$ a day or two before they expected it to arrive at their warehouse, but it backfired on them this time with the virus delays.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote