Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-03-2022, 10:55 AM   #2731
Detective27
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Third time is hopefully the charm. I will find out tomorrow.
Best of luck Demona. Fingers crossed for you.
Detective27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 06:25 PM   #2732
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Pretty sure they sent me somebody else?s return. Can?t F?in believe it.

First clue: Box arrives with green packing tape covered by clear packing tape. Upon opening it, there is another layer of clear tape under the green. There is no indication it was opened for inspection prior to shipping it to me. Also the cardboard piece that sits right inside the box was inside the plastic bag, not on top of it to protect the bag.

Second clue: When lifting the box I can feel something shifting. Nothing has ever shifted when I get a fresh statue unless it?s broken.

Third clue: The art box is dented, warped, and not flush like a newly packaged/unopened before.

Fourth clue: Styrofoam is taped across the foam, not just around.

However, I hold out some hope. I put the statue together and it fits flush in the base. Her body and portrait are beautifully painted. I thought ?OMG this may be the one!?...then I grabbed the cape and one of the pauldrons is laying in the foam.

?.back to customer service I go?at least all they have to do is send a cape this time.

Bonus is that maybe I can keep the one I have and play around with attachment modification.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 07:50 PM   #2733
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Demona
I actually think you could have had a custom Storm statue made by now
Maybe the next one will be better
The should actually open all the returns and try to piece an undamaged one together for you
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 08:22 PM   #2734
Star-struck
The Spirit

It's a strange feeling looking forward to something for ~a year and be disappointed when it shows up. Really takes the wind out of your sails. But hopefully they send you a new cape and you can customize the current one into something cool.
Star-struck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 02:11 AM   #2735
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
My life finally calmed down and I got a chance to open my replacement for my original order. Guess who is not shocked I'm still hosed? This girl!

This statue - #1992 - doesn't even go into flush into the base. I took a look in the base and the key hole is all F'ed up. And they F'ed it up when it was still wet/curing. No doubt about it.

I've contacted customer service again and I'm going to try for a THIRD time to get this statue because I used over $300 in rewards point on it and I don't think they will refund those even though these two instances have clearly been their error.

I think somebody here knew how to contact managers directly as opposed to screwing about further with customer service...care to help a girl out?
If you return the statue your rewards points will be refunded. I have that happened to me when I returned one.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 07:38 AM   #2736
Peedi
The Secret Six

If this one is bad you should be able to return it and get a full refund and all points back as stated. Not that you wouldn’t believe anyone else, but please believe me, I’ve gone through it multiple times…

And since there’s no exclusive, after you get a full refund and points back just order another one if it comes to it. I’ve done that multiple times as well when sideshow couldn’t find a “suitable replacement” for parts that were broken, didn’t fit, etc.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:15 AM   #2737
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-struck View Post
It's a strange feeling looking forward to something for ~a year and be disappointed when it shows up. Really takes the wind out of your sails. But hopefully they send you a new cape and you can customize the current one into something cool.
Such an experience is worse if dealing with the vendor to get a replacement is difficult or slow or non-existent. At least with Sideshow, you have customer service that will give you a replacement. And will do so until a perfect replacement can't be found and then a full refund is given.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:43 AM   #2738
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Trust me, if this statue had issues more than the pauldron falling off the cape - I would have asked for a full refund and my rewards points back. I'm not sure why somebody returned this statue, but it's damn well done except the busted cape.

If they do make a black variant of this statue they really need to review the assembly and cape situation. It's a pain in the ass and good only in theory.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 01:04 PM   #2739
Peedi
The Secret Six

There’s a really cool Behind the Scenes “making of” type video Sideshow posted for this Storm on their YouTube. What a great choice to do that type of video for. Really insightful and cool.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 01:40 PM   #2740
AC_808
Hercules

Oh nice, I need to look up that video.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote