Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

View Poll Results: Who's Gonna Take Clark's Place?
Jonathan Kent 6 25.00%
Martha Kent 1 4.17%
Lana Lang 1 4.17%
Lois Lane 1 4.17%
Chloe Sullivan 7 29.17%
Lex Luthor 0 0%
Lionel Luthor 2 8.33%
Some Other Character 4 16.67%
None Of The Above 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2005, 09:48 PM   #11
wolverinejedi007
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Any one notice that they did not use Terrance Stamps voice when Jor-el was Luther???
Perhaps they did kill some one or at least, not want to pay the actor for his voice work any more.
wolverinejedi007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:51 PM   #12
Jesse321
Galactus

If this was any other show, I might buy that ... but this is Smallville we're talking about ... this is Superman we're talking about.

Everything is bound to come out in the next several episodes .. they're going to milk this for a while making Clark think that someone's gonna die and he's going to go beserk trying to stop it from happening and then just when he needs Jor-El the most ... which will probably be when the two Kryptonians come back to Earth since there was a NUCLEAR EXPLOSION in space, which in an homage to Superman 2, we know disrupts the Phantom Zone ... that's when it will hit Clark.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:53 PM   #13
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinejedi007
It could be Jor-el but Clark never really loved him now did he...

and as for the future Jor-el from the movies, its a different reality, and even so he was long dead in the movie. The crystals were memory crystals that held the knowledge of Krypton and memory of his parents and were programed with all possible questions and problems Kal-el may face in the future...
but again different reality.
I know wolvie...I was just playing.

Bring back the sigs!
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:55 PM   #14
J Storm
Birdman

Alright, I'll accept that Jesse and since you spend time on the smallville boards, I'll go with it
J Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:57 PM   #15
Jesse321
Galactus

Trust me ... I'm from the goverment ... I know these things ... we have our ways of finding them out.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 05:25 AM   #16
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321
Yes he did, he just hasn't realized it yet ... this self sacrafice on Jor-El's part will make Clark realize how wrong he's been.

I kinda agree with Jesse. Clark did say at the end he regrets ever losing his powers in the first place. Meaning that he would have never lost Jor-El then. Because he finally saw things the way Jor-El kept trying to show him and will never get that chance again.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 07:48 AM   #17
ashley76
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I don't know about Jor-El being the one to die but, I definately want to see Chloe get the axe! She has got to be the most annoying character in the history of TV. Show here the door WB.
ashley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:42 AM   #18
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321
Ther person who ALREADY died isn't even on your list. ... weren't you paying attention ... when Lionel (as Jor-El) was hugging Clark didn't you notice the dialogue? He was saying good-bye, and when he hugged Clark didn't you notice the transfer of energy?

Jor-El was trying to teach Clark a lesson on sacrafice ... what better way to teach him this lesson then by example?

Hmmm....Interesting theory Jesse. Yeah, I can see them doing that. I never even thought of it last night, but it would be a plot vehicle that they could milk for awhile this season. I was a little surprised that Jor-El chose Lionel, instead of Jonathan to rescue Kal-El. I know it goes along with the Lionel being under the Kryptonian trace thing that was going on, but he's got to know how dangerous the Luthor's are to his son, etc. etc. I guess if it was my kid, I'd want to keep him as far away from Lionel and Lex Luthor as possible with the family secrets. They are doosies, and the Luthors are obviously not to be trusted....
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 10:16 AM   #19
ashley76
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man
Hmmm....Interesting theory Jesse. Yeah, I can see them doing that. I never even thought of it last night, but it would be a plot vehicle that they could milk for awhile this season. I was a little surprised that Jor-El chose Lionel, instead of Jonathan to rescue Kal-El. I know it goes along with the Lionel being under the Kryptonian trace thing that was going on, but he's got to know how dangerous the Luthor's are to his son, etc. etc. I guess if it was my kid, I'd want to keep him as far away from Lionel and Lex Luthor as possible with the family secrets. They are doosies, and the Luthors are obviously not to be trusted....
keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
ashley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 12:23 PM   #20
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

Didn't they say that Smallville was going to have a connection to "Superman Returns" this season? Last time I checked Jonathan Kent is DEAD in the Superman movie universe.
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote