Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 12-26-2005, 12:29 PM   #21
rychehitman
Galactus

Barry is not back in DCU continuity , correct? Just made an appearance at the end of Rogue War.....Which started out soooo good, and was such a good concept...then it all went south on us!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:40 PM   #22
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman
Barry is not back in DCU continuity , correct? Just made an appearance at the end of Rogue War.....Which started out soooo good, and was such a good concept...then it all went south on us!
No, I just checked again, it was more like a Flash from the distant past comes to help out and goes back to the past. Not a reentry into the universe.

And the ending to rogue war aint' any better on a 2cd reading.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 06:40 PM   #23
Neomotion
I pity the fool!

Great villain team, great let down. Too bad. If it were only more like villains united... (great how they brought back a "dead" character like catman!) I never quite understood how someone like captain cold could lead that team btw.
Neomotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 06:59 PM   #24
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
Bendis' greatest contribution to comics is making Spiderwoman cool again.
Well, this may be debatable. I think the best things he's done are the entire Alias run and his run on Daredevil which is the best since Frank Miller.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 08:01 PM   #25
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Infinite Crisis #3
The Good: Everything comes together with this issue, and you'll find out why this is probably going to be the landmark mini-series that DC promised it would be. Its amazing just how much is crammed into this issue. The return of the Shadow Pact, the Spcectre invading Atlantis, a space battle, and even Wally West all show up with their seperate plot lines. However, you'll have a hard time remembering exactly what happend with them.
No, you'll remember this issue for how well it ties in the past year for DC. You'll remember it for the classic meeting between Earth-2 Supes and a severly guilt-ridden Batman. In fact, Batman hasn't been written this well in ages. You'll remember it for Wonder Woman and the Amazonian's fight with the Omacs. But most importantly, you'll remember this for the confrontation between the two Lex Luthors, and the results that follow. Geoff Johns is clicking on all cylinders, and this series just gets better and better.
The Bad: Maybe too much is crammed inot this issue. I must admit Donna Troy's space journey with fellow mid-grade heroes is just more confusing than anything else.
The Ugly: Delays. Hopefully this is the only one we will get. No more delays DC!
Agree with you on just about every point. Certainly another really good issue but as you said at times there was a bit too much going on in the span of a few pages. Definitely worth the money for the shocking revelations this issue reveals. Batman's breakdown was poignant & could be taken either way. It could be said Bats would be able to handle the problems & pressures he's been going through as of late but at the same time...I guess every man has their breaking point...even the Batman! Great stuff!
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 08:04 PM   #26
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal
It could be said Bats would be able to handle the problems & pressures he's been going through as of late but at the same time...I guess every man has their breaking point...even the Batman! Great stuff!
I think you are right in that assessment. Either way, I think batman will havea huge affect on how infinite crisis turns out.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:16 PM   #27
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

Quote:
No, you'll remember this issue for how well it ties in the past year for DC. You'll remember it for the classic meeting between Earth-2 Supes and a severly guilt-ridden Batman. In fact, Batman hasn't been written this well in ages.You'll remember it for Wonder Woman and the Amazonian's fight with the Omacs.
Really???!! I think Batman hasn't been written well since Morrison. Every other writer just writes Batman as a "whiny b1tch" or a real "di#@."
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 08:33 PM   #28
rychehitman
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
Well, this may be debatable. I think the best things he's done are the entire Alias run and his run on Daredevil which is the best since Frank Miller.
I couldnt agree more!

Spiderwoman is just T and A at the right place at the right time!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 09:21 PM   #29
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman
I couldnt agree more!

Spiderwoman is just T and A at the right place at the right time!
haha, still think that his best contribution as I dont' read daredevil or alias

But, you gotta admit his greatest contribution wasn't house of M!
Old 12-26-2005, 09:24 PM   #30
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
haha, still think that his best contribution as I dont' read daredevil or alias

But, you gotta admit his greatest contribution wasn't house of M!
Maybe, then, you should read Daredevil and pick up the Alias tpbs. And no argument about House of M, but we weren't talking about that title.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote