Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 12-29-2005, 04:56 PM   #1
Babytoxie
Ghost

"If you like this, you'll love THIS!"

The recent Comic Shop News, #967, has a cover and page 1 article on Vertigo's upcoming The Exterminators. The article repeatedly references the HBO series "Six Feet Under", as well as containing some random, unnecessary references to the works of novelist Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

I really hate this type of promotion. Is it so difficult for Vertigo to promote this book without the multiple pop-culture references? It's sad when a company has to promote its material through other, unassociated works, instead of focusing on the strengths (if any) inherent in the actual product. If I weren't bombarded with all of these references, then maybe I could approach it as an original work and evaluate it on its own merit; however, the way this article is written, it leads me to believe that all Vertigo is doing is blatantly copying a popular HBO series and the style of GGM.

Unfortunately, this type of thing seems more and more common from Vertigo lately.

Rant, rant... grumble...
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 02:14 AM   #2
bat_collector
Galactus

those things never work either. If you liked star wars, you'll love _____________.

yeah right
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote