Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-14-2021, 04:11 AM   #521
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammilletti View Post
I just picked up this piece and unboxed it today. It was 30% off so I couldn't resist.

I kept reading that Sideshow was shipping other people's returns but I didn't think it was the case for Prime 1. I definitely received someone's return.

I thought it was customs that opened the box but this was definitely displayed somewhere.

One of the bars was broken, nothing a little super glue cant fix since its a clean break but the foot doesn't go all the way into the base like many of you. Its in the there deep enough so I'm sure its fine but that still bugs me a bit.

I'm disappointed that I received someone's return and don't have that fresh new paint smell but not disappointed enough to return the piece after all it was 30% off.
Mine had a broken bar also. They break easily. Glue fails to work on them?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:23 PM   #522
Cammilletti
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreywizard View Post
Damn that sucks they sent you a used statue!

This is the last piece I need to finish off their 4-piece Suicide Squad set and luckily caught the sale currently going.

Sadly I'm Waitlisted at the moment. So hopefully someone drops their order and mine gets fulfilled. I have had some points to use on this one, so got a super great deal on it! But I hope I don't get a used one!

Did you email Prime1 about it?
Nah... I was gonna email them at first but figure they were just gonna offer me some points and I don't really buy from them anyway.. this one was an exception otherwise I buy my Prime 1's through Sideshow/Specfiction.

I just glued the bar back today and it looks like new now so all is good.
Cammilletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 12:09 AM   #523
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

When did you order yours? I got my order in almost 2 weeks ago now I think and it was wait-listed. So I'm wondering how far out I missed them being in stock.

Hopefully the waitlist converts at some point. I got a really good deal on it and already have the other 3 Suicide Squad 1/3 statues from them and just need this Harley to complete the series
Thegreywizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 01:16 AM   #524
Cammilletti

I ordered mine on January 4th. I believe it went to waitlist like 1 week later. But if you go back to their site its now listed as sold out.
Old 01-24-2021, 02:10 AM   #525
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

Ah ok, I just checked I ordered on the 12th. So hopefully I’m at the top of the waitlist then.

I didn’t even realize they were having a sale and would have ordered earlier if I knew about it!

Does anyone know how many they allow on their waitlist? I emailed them & they told me they won’t say how many people are on it.

Now I just need some people to cancel lol
Thegreywizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:40 AM   #526
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:

I kept reading that Sideshow was shipping other people's returns but I didn't think it was the case for Prime 1. I definitely received someone's return.

Good grief. That's terrible.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 09:15 PM   #527
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:
I just picked up this piece and unboxed it today. It was 30% off so I couldn't resist.

I thought it was customs that opened the box but this was definitely displayed somewhere.

One of the bars was broken, nothing a little super glue cant fix since its a clean break but the foot doesn't go all the way into the base like many of you. Its in the there deep enough so I'm sure its fine but that still bugs me a bit.

I'm disappointed that I received someone's return and don't have that fresh new paint smell but not disappointed enough to return the piece after all it was 30% off.
That does suck but at 30% off if the issues are minor I also would keep it. It is a great statue.

As for Harley not sitting flush to the base, maybe try a spray can of air and spray into the peg holes on the base? I just checked mine and Harley sits flush with the base on my piece. Could be there is something in the peg holes if this was in fact a return. I also remember I had to wiggle her into the base when I first got the statue.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 09:37 PM   #528
Cammilletti

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
That does suck but at 30% off if the issues are minor I also would keep it. It is a great statue.

As for Harley not sitting flush to the base, maybe try a spray can of air and spray into the peg holes on the base? I just checked mine and Harley sits flush with the base on my piece. Could be there is something in the peg holes if this was in fact a return. I also remember I had to wiggle her into the base when I first got the statue.
I actually like the piece even more now than when I first received it. I think I was just way too dissapointed about the issues to enjoy the piece.

I'll try the spray can trick, never heard of that one before.
Thanks
Old 08-10-2021, 08:33 PM   #529
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Just a little “throwback” fun here. Three years ago today, my Harley EX arrived. And I’ve never switched out the portrait…..not even once. Maybe it’s time for a cool change. She hasn’t aged a day.

bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 08:38 PM   #530
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
Just a little “throwback” fun here. Three years ago today, my Harley EX arrived. And I’ve never switched out the portrait…..not even once. Maybe it’s time for a cool change.

That is the best portrait so no need to change
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote