Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 10-17-2014, 02:33 AM   #1
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Wyatts bday mini haul

So, today was Wyatts 10th birthday! I'm exhausted. Crazy after putting in so much work for so long that it's all over so damn fast. Whatever. Gave Wyatt a few framed pieces.

The Deadpool is a watercolor done by one of our favorite artists, Matt Fletcher. I picked this up from Matt at SLCC and then let Asher give it to Wyatt. Asher actually picked the mat/frame combo, turned out great!

The other large piece is called "Defense of Wickus" by Dave Greco. This piece was done last year and offered for sale at Hero Complex Galleries "Weapon of Choice" show. I loved the piece for Wyatt as D9 is his favorite movie. At that time it was $350 at the gallery. Too much. A few months later I inquired again and was told I could have a 30% discount because the painting was damaged in transit to the gallery. Apparently the painting had been bubble wrapped too soon and the bubble wrap left a small honeycomb pattern over a corner. Being that I would've had to still pay good money for damaged art, I passed again. Flash forward 6 months and I was struggling for gift ideas for Wyatts birthday. I remembered the painting and returned to the gallery website only to find the piece had been removed. I looked up he artist and shot him an email. Turns out the painting had been sitting in his office after it was returned from the gallery. It was still in the box. He offered me the painting for FREE as long as i paid for shipping. I added some extra funds for the generous gesture. What a great deal and Wyatt loves it. Coolest thing is, once it's up on a wall, the "damage" is gonna be completely invisible. Also, Dave custom made the frame for the painting, so cool!

The smaller piece is the Spielbergo OG by Mark Englert. This was 1 of the 2 OGs Asher and I got when we camped out 3 days on Melrose Ave for the gallery show this past summer. That was a real pain in the ass. Still, at least we all own Englert originals now. Whew.

Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:49 AM   #2
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

those are great, happy bday to your boy hope he loved them.
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:48 AM   #3
Underdog07
Hercules

Awesome. Happy belated to Wyatt
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:53 AM   #4
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

wow. a 1-year old with an awesome art collection! happy belated and congrats to the budding art collector!
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote