Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-01-2017, 03:14 PM   #401
ygfamily21
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post

OH. MY. GOD.
did u order p1 or p2? or both?
ygfamily21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:17 PM   #402
CBro
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
I would consider f4f also one of the best companies atm. Havent been disappointed by them yet. Until this statue personally I wouldnt have ranked HMO super high. Cant wait to see where they take these acrylic eyes.
They don't make much that I consider really off the mark. And the only recent hugely disappointing one for me has been Taki(I mean i wouldnt consider them amazing with potraits but wtf is up with that portrait), but they don't make anything that makes me think "wow I have to have that" even if I don't absolutely love the property it comes from.

HMO has those amazing siren busts and while her portrait could have been better, Nariko was an amazing piece.
CBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 04:21 PM   #403
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

@cbro: Personally I wasn't a fan of their Nariko either. It looked nice except for the face. The face was off imo so I never pulled the trigger on it.

But that's the only piece of hmo's that I don't really like. Their beastly beauty line looks great as does their bounty of bathos. Also Mega man x looks fantastic and they may be doing Resident Evil. They've been on point with everything else so I believe hmo as a young company is vastly improving.

Heck compare Nariko's face to Morrigan's face to look at the companies improvement in just a very short while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygfamily21 View Post
did u order p1 or p2? or both?
I ordered p2. The red, blue, pink, and green look was just too striking for me not too.

Looking at that P1 still blows me away, both versions are going to be amazing!

I do wish there were more "real" shots and vids of the p2 cause that's the one going into my collection but until then I'll just drool over the reg. It's the same face just different color after all!

My contact couldn't get the combo set anyway and even if he could I would have declined. Money is a factor in my collecting so I've never been into collecting variants. Collecting 2 of the same piece, even if it's a variant, stops me from adding another completely unique piece to my collection.

The only possible upcoming piece that may throw a wrench in that is Jill valentine. If they make her and they make her in her s.t.a.r.s outfit and RE3 outfit then I'll choke...
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 04:34 PM   #404
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

Just my opinion, but those beastly beauties busts are hideous plastic surgery stuff to me. I think this is Mufizal's best female portrait by far.

F4F outsources too many of their sculpts, that I don't have a lot of faith they'll come close to being a serious alternative to HMO. They need to pay a top tier sculptor for some things.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 04:42 PM   #405
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBro View Post
They don't make much that I consider really off the mark. And the only recent hugely disappointing one for me has been Taki(I mean i wouldnt consider them amazing with potraits but wtf is up with that portrait), but they don't make anything that makes me think "wow I have to have that" even if I don't absolutely love the property it comes from.

HMO has those amazing siren busts and while her portrait could have been better, Nariko was an amazing piece.
True, havent seen much from f4f in the way of more realistic/animeish looking females. I also thought Taki’s face a bit bland but I’ll confess I wasnt looking too much at the face lol- and also Im not collecting that line. As far as must have pieces- Mugen and Saitama definitley for me. Mugen’s awesomeness is a given, but with Saitama- although he’s a simple design, I cant really explain how “in motion” the statue seems when I look at it in person. You can check my pic to see what I mean. HMO hasnt really had anything yet I wanted. Also, like Chargersfan, didnt care for Nariko’s face. But their skills and art direction seem to be getting better and better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9DB0EBB1-EB38-4FE3-A9D4-BFB694BA5C0A.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	109150  
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 04:56 PM   #406
Chargersfan57

Yeah I can't deny their skills and art direction. Besides that fact they're doing something in 1/4 scale pieces with those eyes that no other company is doing.

I also hear they own their own production assembly so what we're seeing with the protos might be what we're getting,...or better.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:48 PM   #407
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatchumby View Post
Unfortunately I did get hit with the cancellation hammer. It was a bit of a setback but I’m sure that not many of us are giving up on this girl.
Sorry to read that. Specfiction must have gotten more allocation because they have the P2 up again but the price is really high. You might be able to work out a payment plan with them. Couldn't hurt to ask. I think the price will only keep going up on this piece in the future.

https://www.specfictionshop.com/coll...nt=43866469264
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:02 PM   #408
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Sorry to read that. Specfiction must have gotten more allocation because they have the P2 up again but the price is really high. You might be able to work out a payment plan with them. Couldn't hurt to ask. I think the price will only keep going up on this piece in the future.

https://www.specfictionshop.com/coll...nt=43866469264
A $500 mark up eh?
Old 11-01-2017, 11:46 PM   #409
Femto
Frackin!

LOL Specification didn't get any reallocations... they just want to make more money off of collectors... pretty fowl in my book, professional re-sellers is what they are... if they got reallocated then those they are giving refunds to should get it for the original price they paid
Femto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:55 PM   #410
dao2
Cyclops

they didn't get allocated any most likely, just secured orders
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote