Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-19-2017, 10:52 PM   #2551
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robopredinator View Post
I didn't know Toynami was supposed to be the manufacturer. Does this mean CC pulled a bait and switch?
From early in this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
One thing we like about using Toynami as our manufacturer is the mixture of materials at our disposal. Like Cain we see the Endo being a blend of injection molded, resin (not polystone) and metal.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 02:28 AM   #2552
Father_Jack
The X-Men

I would not have ordered if I knew this and that's the truth. I had CM endo and got a big buzz factor when Paul said Toynami were also producing this, God knows what slum factory my hard earned money has gone to making this, I am mega disappointed.

Hopefully it will be acceptable when I finally receive it
Father_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 12:15 PM   #2553
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Thought you were happy with it?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father_Jack View Post
See people on Sideshow forums are not enjoying the fact some of us like this statue now
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:00 PM   #2554
Father_Jack
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Thought you were happy with it?...
Hopefully I will be just gutted it wasn't produced at Toynami
Father_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 02:18 PM   #2555
HARD
A day without sunshine is like... night.

What irritates me is more of the attitude by Chronicle, the we fired this person, that company, but to all you people who bought this and waited forever for it, too bad. Chalk it up to an ooops by us. Deal with it. What do I want Chronicle to do? Why give everyone who ordered this a 50% refund.
HARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:03 PM   #2556
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

My Endo arrived today and it's just terrible. The paint app is the worst I have ever seen on anything, ever. It is no where near what Darb and others have. It's like a entirely different production run. As for the paint, it's super dark. I thought it was going to be more bright than not and that was why the delay for so long. Darbs looks great but again, mine looks like a different production run. I think it's darker than the original legacy paint.

Areas that are supposed to be chrome are hit with black or grey. I was hoping for museum touch, no weathering which I can only assume what this is meant to be.

Mine arrived with a broken toe. I don't know how that's possible. The packaging seemed sufficient.

I'm so very sorry for CC. They got really screwed on this, and now us. I originally wanted to just contact CC about this and keep it off the forum, but I said I would post my reviews whether they are good or critical, and I decided to stick to my word...some people will use my review to further their vendetta, but it is my hope everyone else understands, especially Paul. If not for the broken toe, I would repaint this and be happy. But now, I don't know. I already broke my gun on my 1/4 arnold with extremely little effort and had to glue to fix it. Now the toe here which I am positive I didn't break while lifting the protective layers up to reveal the contents. These statues sure are fragile.

I can post more pictures, but I just dislike what I received so much that I took the one pic and put my phone down. Right now I am debating gluing the toe back or contacting CC about it. Hate to ship it back over a broken toe. On the other hand, it cost me $500. I don't know if I want a broken toe for $500 lol. If I can convinced myself it's a battle damaged terminator then it'll be no problem

Ok I made myself take one more pic. It's supposed to be larger res but tinypic is resizing my pictures...it's an ok look at details.

Ok some more....I can't place my endo on the stand or else I'll break it's leg. It won't fit. If I make it fit, that leg will be twisted around so very much...I am already 'making it fit' by placing the back of the foot into the hole. I feel they are misaligned big time but i may be totally wrong.

And finally, I left it as it was enough to stand on it's own power to take a picture with my high powered flashlight, just to be able to get it to shine chrome...

Really, I'm not angry about this. It's a simple contact with CC to solve it. I'm angry that people will use my review to trash CC. But it wasn't right to hide this. You have to take the bad with the good. This is why you go Toynami or not at all
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:35 PM   #2557
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

i am more worried about installing the gun, instead of a normal magnet plug, you have to force those 2 hard plastic handles apart to put the gun in, it's very tight, holding it long term like that i am concerned it will break the plastic handles.

also why you feeling sorry for chronicle? i respect paul and his company for being honest with us. But end of day what factory what qc are used is chronicle's responsibility, they are responsible for the final product, not the factory that made them.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:58 PM   #2558
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post

also why you feeling sorry for chronicle? i respect paul and his company for being honest with us. But end of day what factory what qc are used is chronicle's responsibility, they are responsible for the final product, not the factory that made them.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 04:15 PM   #2559
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

It's apparent that a lot of poor design decisions were made for this statue. Maybe a lot of corners were cut as well. It's disappointing to hear some of the most vocal defenders of this piece feeling underwhelmed and unhappy with the final product. I think CC will need to take a long hard look at what they can actually deliver, instead of making bold promises that cannot be kept. This is NOT a cinemaquette quality statue nor is the poor paint job what we saw on screen.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 04:26 PM   #2560
Darth Milo
Hydra

Glad this factory didn't make my ED-209 and Cain maquette.
It's also a lesson for Chronicle.. from now on only Toynami made products.. as it should be.
Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote