Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-14-2017, 12:04 AM   #211
Gothamite
Phoenix

I would consider it if that third hat tail weren't so long. It reminds me of HR Giger's Alien designs.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:05 AM   #212
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Ivy really is pretty stunning and my favorite of the three. However, I can't stop seeing Kristen Stewart in the portrait AND her boots bother me. Not the different colors, the fact they are both cut the same way.

I love her dress. Super fun and bold.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:42 AM   #213
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I actually really, really like the design. Not enough to buy a high end statue of it, but something I would consider for $100 ala the DC or Koto lines.

I think the use of even costume elements from historical jesters and the implementation of the diamond pattern is inspired.
I appreciate the comment although the key part of it is what I put in bold. When even someone who likes the look isn't buying it, I can't see SSC selling many of these.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:07 AM   #214
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I appreciate the comment although the key part of it is what I put in bold. When even someone who likes the look isn't buying it, I can't see SSC selling many of these.
Agreed. I feel that is the case with a lot of SSC product, but based on high pricing and a glut of product on the market as much as their design choices.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:37 AM   #215
grphyx1
Kingpin

I still can't believe that SS said sure we'll produce these? Its almost like they wanted to take Stanley down a notch. He's a great artist but these costumes have no relevance because there are so many variations for these characters already out there. Harvey's garlic bloomers are just so odd? The court jester reference was messed up because he tried to sex it up with the spandex in the vag area. Full on bloomers would have helped
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:50 PM   #216
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I really like Harley. Love the mid section.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:37 PM   #217
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I still can't believe that SS said sure we'll produce these? Its almost like they wanted to take Stanley down a notch. He's a great artist but these costumes have no relevance because there are so many variations for these characters already out there. Harvey's garlic bloomers are just so odd? The court jester reference was messed up because he tried to sex it up with the spandex in the vag area. Full on bloomers would have helped
LOL. I don't think SS had sinister intentions. If anything, they're likely allowing him this level of creative freedom so he favors his relationship with them over the numerous other companies who produce or would love to produce statues based off his work. These all have nice touches (Catwoman's scarf, Ivy's hairstyle and . . . I'm really struggling with Harley.) but they didn't come together all that well. I do like the Pepper PF, though. Just wish it were a smaller scale novelty than a a large, expensive centerpiece.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:52 PM   #218
grphyx1
Kingpin

One way to look at it. They should do a coffee table book of his art

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
LOL. I don't think SS had sinister intentions. If anything, they're likely allowing him this level of creative freedom so he favors his relationship with them over the numerous other companies who produce or would love to produce statues based off his work. These all have nice touches (Catwoman's scarf, Ivy's hairstyle and . . . I'm really struggling with Harley.) but they didn't come together all that well. I do like the Pepper PF, though. Just wish it were a smaller scale novelty than a a large, expensive centerpiece.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:05 PM   #219
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
One way to look at it. They should do a coffee table book of his art
Already clearing out some shelf space for it.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:21 PM   #220
Gothamite
Phoenix

Are there plans for more or only the Sirens?
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote