Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-04-2017, 03:30 PM   #5371
manboy
Sinister Six

Lol, I love the subtitle on this thread (Yes you're reading right, 549.99!) considering where we're all at right now in terms of prices
manboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:44 PM   #5372
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoniste View Post
I'm asking other forum members to make sure this is present on all statues or not. I tried to get other collector's opinion on the matter, at first everybody said it was normal now it aint... I get your point, but asking about it does help me fix the issue, I have used the pictures of these two good fellows that took the time to help me and added them to my open replacement request . I just said In my post above that If I can't get a replacement I'll put with it, but I'd rather not. I fix many of my defects but I know I won't be able to fix that, I won't be able to match the paint color...Now next time you imply to not give a rat's ass, at least prove it by not replying with mean remarks, thank you
You can keep it....fill in that scoop amd repaint it. Beats paying $300 im returns and have zero to show for. I dont think SSC will entertain your return if past 30 days anyway.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:55 PM   #5373
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
I'm asking other forum members to make sure this is present on all statues or not. I tried to get other collector's opinion on the matter, at first everybody said it was normal now it aint... I get your point, but asking about it does help me fix the issue, I have used the pictures of these two good fellows that took the time to help me and added them to my open replacement request . I just said In my post above that If I can't get a replacement I'll put with it, but I'd rather not. I fix many of my defects but I know I won't be able to fix that, I won't be able to match the paint color...Now next time you imply to not give a rat's ass, at least prove it by not replying with mean remarks, thank you
My comment wasn't an attempt to be mean! I'm just saying everyone gets it now, your statue has a defect....now what?

Look, anyone who has bought a defective statue knows that sinking feeling, where something you've paid good money for, waited a long time to get, finally arrives and it's not 100%!

It's not nice, and I wouldn't make light of your pain. All I'm saying is put the typing time in with Sideshow!
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:05 PM   #5374
Agoniste
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
My comment wasn't an attempt to be mean! I'm just saying everyone gets it now, your statue has a defect....now what?

Look, anyone who has bought a defective statue knows that sinking feeling, where something you've paid good money for, waited a long time to get, finally arrives and it's not 100%!

It's not nice, and I wouldn't make light of your pain. All I'm saying is put the typing time in with Sideshow!
It's fine.. All I really wanted was some photos from forum members..which I had.. I'm already in talk with Sideshow.. No need to keep on talking about it on this forums..everything's cool
Agoniste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:27 PM   #5375
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Agoniste...I can see a defect based on the photos you shared.

Definitely in a dilemma, but I would at least wait and see what Sideshow offers you as a recourse, hopefully at least some credit back.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:52 PM   #5376
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
It's fine.. All I really wanted was some photos from forum members..which I had.. I'm already in talk with Sideshow.. No need to keep on talking about it on this forums..everything's cool
Hope you get it sorted. Happy to help a fellow collector and forum member. Here is one of the few places where everyone has a common love for something and we are like family in that repect. (Yes, inclusing the bickering...lol)

As far as this piece and the price as mentioned above, yes, funny how that worked out and now we are creeping closer to the 1k mark.

I will say, if all statues were this good with sculpt and paint the statue world would be paradise.

I feel extra lucky that Conan And Red Sonja are my number one favorites so this Sonja has been a triple win for me. I am so happy about it.

PS
If you don't get it resolved, take some peace knowing that it is small and in the back of the statue. Even still, I feel your pain!!!!
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 09:47 AM   #5377
Toady
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCollect View Post
Don't listen to those two other guys. Not having a number is definitely a bad thing!
I'll do you a favour and take it off your hands for a decent price.
LOL
Toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:45 PM   #5378
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Well...got her and I am very happy! Can't believe I almost missed this one and the exclusive looks great!!!!!
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:01 AM   #5379
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I need to pick one of these up. I don't see the exclusive much on the aftermarket though. Need to keep an eye out.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:19 PM   #5380
Agoniste
U talkin' to me?

I just had a replacement request approved...now let's just hope the new statue will be as good
Agoniste is offline   Reply With Quote