Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: Did you order Thanos EX today?
Yes, Day1 137 40.18%
No, will just get the collector edition 22 6.45%
No, passed on this statue 132 38.71%
No but I'm on the waitlist 50 14.66%
Voters: 341. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2017, 04:53 PM   #21
Mamba
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I don't get the title. 3%ers?
Sidehow rep I believe it was Igo made a reference that we are only 3% of their customers. I am sure the number is not meant to be accurate but the idea is we only a small portion of their customers.
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:54 PM   #22
Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
It actually wasn't forum members he was talking about, it was collectors who collect large amounts of statues. He basically said that people who make up the hardcore collectors are about 3% of their business.
Oh I must of missed that.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:54 PM   #23
qz33
Doctor Doom

Just to keep it accurate while infamous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Add that to the "Quotes that would make excellent t-shirts" list.

Regarding the 1:4 vs 1:5 scale debate, yes, it's a risk (which some think synonymous with "mistake") but one we've already seen pay off with the Star Wars Mythos line, as well as most of our artist series lines. They have to be planned out properly. Our previous Marvel 1:5 comiquettes were the most random releases ever, we dont plan on doing that again, ever. Everything is planned and with good reason. Smaller series, and when / if successful, the series can expand accordingly.

There will be a heavy bias of 1:4 scale at Sideshow for the unforeseeable future, but working in some new 1:5 scale items for new collectors (going back to your trinity statement COI) is exactly what we're trying to do.

People on here tend to forget, or they dont ever hear, or overlook, that the "collector" represent less than 3% of our actual customer base. We will always try to find ways to please both the hard-core collector, and the new buyers, but that's a hard balance that's totally skewed on forum boards, because boards think they are the majority.

In the end, we can only make so much a year, and things change daily as to what and how we can make everything. Licensors change, personnel change, factories change, economies change, "things that will actually sell" change. Everything changes, almost daily, and trying to constantly react and prepare to the daily change, while planning the future, it gets crazy… Im lucky Im mostly on the "what's cool, looks good, and hopefully sells" side of things over here… Im spoiled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Some people read a LOT into that "3%" comment I made, and that's why sometimes I cant post here, I have to separate myself, because this becomes a rabbit hole of explaining explanations explanations and it can get out of control, and honestly out of my territory…

As you said, fox (thanks by the way) I do come here because I actually do care, in particular about this forum's feedback (SO HA!) Ive been posting here since before I worked at Sideshow, and Ive been there for 7 years and have had the great pleasure to consult with a lot of you here publicly (some not so much) and a few behind the scenes… I dig this place, even though it can get terribly negative from time to time, and from time to time rightfully so.

Ill still be lurking here as often as I have been, and once in a while Ill post, but at the end of the day, my intentions dont match my key-board actions, or they are taken out of context, or people misunderstand or assume the worst, or I forget one key word (even after proof reading 3 or 4 times) ad that changes EVERYTHING in the meaning…

So to clarify my earlier post, the vocal majority might be the customer minority, and to read that info as "Well then they dont need my business because they dont care!" is unfortunately not true. Both are. "The 3%" matter, and that's why I post here. That's why I poll here. I cant post or poll everywhere, I put my time (when I have it) into this place and I still kind of dig it.

Special thanks to the guys who stay classy, and thanks to everyone for their feedback, classy or not, positive or critical or horribly negative, I do read most of it, and I take it all in for consideration, and will continue to post when I can.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:56 PM   #24
Mamba

So far 45 out of 750 are forum members that's already 6%
Old 03-30-2017, 04:57 PM   #25
aa909
The Green Hornet

3% of 750 is 22.5... we've already got >10% response as a % of ES on this thread... the 3% sounds like it was pulled out of someone's a$$ LOL!!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:10 PM   #26
BurningRage
Inhumans

I don't reconsider hype collectors true collectors.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:13 PM   #27
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba View Post
Just a quick count how many here actually ordered the EX.
You forgot to add aftermarket to your poll.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:16 PM   #28
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I don think many will admit to getting raped on EBay.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:18 PM   #29
Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I am sure there will be people here won't settle for a regular and get the EX in aftermarket. But I think it would be silly to pay a flipper now when the delivery date is still far away. I would wait until the statue is in hand and buy the ex in the aftermarket if I missed one.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:19 PM   #30
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
3% of 750 is 22.5... we've already got >10% response as a % of ES on this thread... the 3% sounds like it was pulled out of someone's a$$ LOL!!
It was JUST explained what was meant, and you still missed it. He was never saying 3% of board members, he was saying, 3% of their buyers are hard core collectors. The type that dedicate an entire room/basement/addition-Sideshowjoe, to this stuff. The other 97% of their business are people that buy one or two of these things, likely a favorite character, and that is it. That is why some characters have to be repeated, and they have to walk a balance in deciding which B, C listers to do, because they don't get very many cracks at them.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote