Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 03-03-2018, 06:03 AM   #1431
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I cannot believe there is still not a proper YouTube review up of this girl. Anyone?
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:30 AM   #1432
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedaddy77 View Post
Anybody in FL order one of these? I’m curious how much shipping might be
99$ to orlando.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:54 AM   #1433
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

So glad to see this piece getting love!

- Robert
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:29 PM   #1434
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
99$ to orlando.
Thank you! I’m in Jacksonville
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:19 AM   #1435
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedaddy77 View Post
Anybody in FL order one of these? I’m curious how much shipping might be
They mentioned a negotiated $99 flat rate to the US.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:20 PM   #1436
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
So glad to see this piece getting love!

- Robert
Well, it’s a huge and heavy as hell Stan Winston’s raptor painted following the same tecniques SW artists used on most of the originals with eyes casted from the original animatronic that literally moves and follow you over the room, on top a beatiful and solid base... how could it not? :P

By the way i’ve noticed that under certain angles and lighting conditions the left eye on mine appear to be a bit opaque on the top. Doesn't bother me at all since as i said it’s impossible to see from most angles and distances, but of course if i could somehow improve it wouldn't be bad.

VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:16 AM   #1437
wpmedia
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
By the way i’ve noticed that under certain angles and lighting conditions the left eye on mine appear to be a bit opaque on the top. Doesn't bother me at all since as i said it’s impossible to see from most angles and distances, but of course if i could somehow improve it wouldn't be bad.

Mine came today and it's so amazing but yes some tips on how to clean some of this cloudy film off the eyes would be awesome. Paul? Robert? Anyone with experience in clear acrylic?
wpmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:29 PM   #1438
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

So under bright backlight and at a certain angle there is a slight cloudy effect?

Man you guys are wanting to find anything wrong with these. I've QC'd a lot and I haven't seen anything that's even close to what you are describing, but we also don't subject them to extreme lighting conditions...

These are resin, not acrylic as it's been posted before. I'm sure just like the paint, there will be variations in the castings.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 04:40 PM   #1439
wpmedia
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
So under bright backlight and at a certain angle there is a slight cloudy effect?

Man you guys are wanting to find anything wrong with these. I've QC'd a lot and I haven't seen anything that's even close to what you are describing, but we also don't subject them to extreme lighting conditions...

These are resin, not acrylic as it's been posted before. I'm sure just like the paint, there will be variations in the castings.

Paul
I don't think either of us are mad about it, it's just (in my case) a cloudy film across one of the eyes that blurs out the details. And mine's visible under normal ambient room light.

It's no big deal, but if you've got any advice on how to clean that film off before I try something potentially stupid and damaging to the eye via Google-searched advice, please tell me

Me and my partner tried just rubbing it off with a damp cloth to no avail so I thought I'd ask here first before I try anything stronger.
wpmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:15 PM   #1440
Steve evans
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmedia View Post
I don't think either of us are mad about it, it's just (in my case) a cloudy film across one of the eyes that blurs out the details. And mine's visible under normal ambient room light.

It's no big deal, but if you've got any advice on how to clean that film off before I try something potentially stupid and damaging to the eye via Google-searched advice, please tell me

Me and my partner tried just rubbing it off with a damp cloth to no avail so I thought I'd ask here first before I try anything stronger.
If the cloudy film is on the surface of the eye you could try using T-cut (car polish fluid) to gradually remove it. I've used it to smooth down & remove scratches from resin products in the past. If it's deeper you may want to leave it well alone, because you could damage the eye.
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote