Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-21-2018, 12:56 PM   #11
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
What makes this so exciting for you guys? I have seen you guys bash books that are pretty decent in my opinion, but here you all seem like this is the best thing to happen to Batman. I personally don't really care for Batman having a love life in his main book. He is a character built on fighting criminals to avenge his parents death and to keep people from going through similar things that he has gone through.
What gets me jacked about Batman are detective stories, new villains that make sense, and just the overall dark nature of the character himself.

Furthermore, I get that the DCU over the decades have done it all with Batman but this only brings about another liability to compromise the character's main mission.

(Don't take this as me bashing you all's favorite book. I am just curious. The artwork in this is amazing though..)
I'm not the biggest Bat fan, but I think for some long time readers it is interesting for characters decades old to add a new element to their story. I've seen Batman fight villains and solve crimes hundreds of times. I like seeing him alone, then the dynamics of various Robins, and now as a father and soon to be husband.

My personal favorite development in Superman of past twenty years has been him becoming a Dad.

I want these characters to grow and change because in comics there seems to be this resistance to allowing them to mature resetting them to a single 20 something.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:29 PM   #12
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
He is a character built on fighting criminals to avenge his parents death and to keep people from going through similar things that he has gone through.
What gets me jacked about Batman are detective stories, new villains that make sense, and just the overall dark nature of the character himself.
And that gets repetitive after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I'm not the biggest Bat fan, but I think for some long time readers it is interesting for characters decades old to add a new element to their story. I've seen Batman fight villains and solve crimes hundreds of times. I like seeing him alone, then the dynamics of various Robins, and now as a father and soon to be husband.

My personal favorite development in Superman of past twenty years has been him becoming a Dad.

I want these characters to grow and change because in comics there seems to be this resistance to allowing them to mature resetting them to a single 20 something.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:44 PM   #13
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post

I also hear the new Superman stuff is actually really good so I may give a few issues a read to see if I dig the writing and stuff.
As far as Batman, thanks for your input. I get some of the stuff gets kind of dull but I felt like they already tried this sort of thing between Bruce and Talia in the past. However, maybe with Selina being his true bride, things will be a little different for the character.
I actually dug the idea that Grant created during his run of Incorporated that had Bruce taking a step back as Batman, but allowing his team of robots and BatMen/women to continue the fight against crime. But unfortunately all of that spun out into the new 52 which kind of ended up no where.

Anyway, back on topic! Batman is falling in love.. Awww AWWWWWW
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:34 PM   #14
Mister H
Gen 13

For anyone who doesn’t want to see Bats in a domesticated role.....just wait.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:11 AM   #15
Gothamite
Phoenix

What a fun issue!

Old 04-04-2018, 07:00 PM   #16
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
What a fun issue!

It was cute, for sure. Nice retrospective set of flashbacks but the current time story felt strange considering she’s taking up with Bruce.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:05 PM   #17
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
It was cute, for sure. Nice retrospective set of flashbacks but the current time story felt strange considering she’s taking up with Bruce.
I know what you mean, especially since it's obvious that she and Bruce can both afford the dress. I think the writer/artists just wanted to show that Catwoman will always be a klepto.

Btw, here's the cover for Batman Issue 50:

Old 04-04-2018, 09:32 PM   #18
Augen
Metal Men

The Selina cover sold out instantly at my shop, plenty of Bruce left. Bride always gets the attention at a wedding.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:54 PM   #19
Gothamite
Phoenix

This was really a Catwoman issue anyway, Bruce was asleep the whole time.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:33 PM   #20
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I know what you mean, especially since it's obvious that she and Bruce can both afford the dress. I think the writer/artists just wanted to show that Catwoman will always be a klepto.
That plus she commits massive property damage to the building and inventory. Plus breaking and entering, and he won’t know that dress is stolen? And she’s marrying a crusader for justice?
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote