Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-09-2023, 01:37 PM   #1
PrTv
Doh!

Shiny spots on a resin statue (TriEagles Mai), how to fix it?

Hi Guys,

I'm new here and also very new to this hobby. I just bought a 2nd hand Mai statue from some local collector. The statue seems to be in a perfect shape with the external/internal boxes and all the papers.

However, I noticed that some parts of the statue, there are shiny patches/spots... more like glue stains on the surface (skin) of the statue. Note that this is perfectly smooth to the touch, as I couldn't feel any change of texture when I run my finger over these patches. Or perhaps unevenness of lacquer or whatever they used to coat the surface (if they even use that with resin statue)?

The original owner told me it was like this since he opened the box and suspected that the resin might have some reaction with plastic that the maker wrap the model with from the factory.

Pics are attached.

I really like this status and want it to be perfect, so do you guys have any idea what might have caused this and how to fix it.

Note that looking at the model directly, it's difficult to see these stains, but if light is shine at the statue in certain angle, these stains will become visible.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03912.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	161598   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03916.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	161599  
PrTv is offline   Reply With Quote