Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-17-2018, 11:03 AM   #541
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I'd say somewhere between $570 (Mystique) and $685 (Thor) is a pretty safe bet.
I'm guessing it will be $649, same as lady deadpool.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:38 PM   #542
actionjackson83
Midnighter

anything less than $640 and I'll be pleasantly surprised and would make me order day 1.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:51 PM   #543
pdenham
Teen Titans

Really no reason for this to be more than Wolverine , which in itself was overpriced. An awesome statue to be sure, but absolutely overpriced.

For anyone theorizing $600+, tell me what elements to it you think are so complex that it would merit a 10-15% or more increase over Wolverine.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:52 PM   #544
nearmint
Phoenix

I also think it should be the same as Wolvie. Other than the tentacle reaching up to grab her leg, the base is essentially the same.

:edit: Now that I think about it, she is airborne, so that would involve additional engineering. Still, I think she should be in the same ballpark as Wolverine.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:53 PM   #545
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Really no reason for this to be more than Wolverine , which in itself was overpriced. An awesome statue to be sure, but absolutely overpriced.

For anyone theorizing $600+, tell me what elements to it you think are so complex that it would merit a 10-15% or more increase over Wolverine.
I don't think it should be over $600, but I also know how Sideshow works. If they price her over $600 it will be because she's "complex" in her diving pose - even though she looks to be attached in exactly the same way (at the ankle/shin) Captain Marvel was.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:04 PM   #546
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:

For anyone theorizing $600+, tell me what elements to it you think are so complex that it would merit a 10-15% or more increase over Wolverine.[/B]
uhh sideshowflation, and the hype surrounding x23.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:11 PM   #547
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I don't think it should be over $600, but I also know how Sideshow works. If they price her over $600 it will be because she's "complex" in her diving pose - even though she looks to be attached in exactly the same way (at the ankle/shin) Captain Marvel was.
Looks more like Breaker of Brimstone setup to me.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:05 PM   #548
Shaughn54

Quote:

I agree that all these statues now are way overpriced, but I'm still going to be paying for the ones I want. For pricing if you just look at her "engineering", I think she is most similar to Lady Deadpool, for a female statue. One point of contact for everything to balance on. They wont be pricing her any lower than $650 IMO.

It seems like a trending thing for their statues now, if you only have 1 foot on the ground (attached to base) expect the Price to be $650+.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:08 PM   #549
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
Looks more like Breaker of Brimstone setup to me.
Not that it matters much, but I disagree. Thor looks to me as if his shin is resting horizontally on the flames where as Captain Marvel was a vertical key that gave her that floating appearance.

Again, doesn't make much of a difference. I'm simply saying they could easily consider X-23 more complex, thus pricing her higher than Wolvie.

Another time where I hope I'm wrong.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:34 PM   #550
French Cancan
Deadman

I know nothing but I'll tell you everything

The Lady Deadpool price. 675$ exactly.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote