Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-12-2019, 10:55 PM   #311
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Nameivom, thanks for the information, I'm definitely gonna order it, I just recently pre ordered my first prime 1 piece, the Red Sonja, do you really think its gonna be 2 years? Is prime 1 really bad for delays?
My rule of thumb for the past 2 years has been 18 months plus 3 months for delays at least. If it arrives earlier than that it’s pleasant surprise.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:44 AM   #312
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:
Nameivom, thanks for the information, I'm definitely gonna order it, I just recently pre ordered my first prime 1 piece, the Red Sonja, do you really think its gonna be 2 years? Is prime 1 really bad for delays?
Current reasonable estimated ship date is January 2021 (SpecFiction). There will be delays as that is how this hobby goes. My honest guess is a late 2021 to mid 2022 ship date. I am thinking we will see the new HBO GoT series air before we see this statue.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:11 PM   #313
French Cancan
Deadman

Ordered at LCDN in Belgium. Same price as Prime 1(including taxes and shipping). If there is any problem, it will be easier to fix.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:11 PM   #314
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Unhappy

Thanks, I guess I'll pre order it and hope I'm still alive in 2022 when it finally arrives
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:19 PM   #315
Frogtown
Fantastic Four

Couldn't wait any longer for SS to post it so I went ahead and placed my order on Prime 1! So excited for this piece.
Frogtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:25 PM   #316
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
Couldn't wait any longer for SS to post it so I went ahead and placed my order on Prime 1! So excited for this piece.
Yeah what's up with SS not listing it yet when all the other companies have? I'm gonna give them another week and then I'm gonna use secretcompass I guess
Old 11-15-2019, 07:20 PM   #317
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Username View Post
Some of those paint apps look terrifying for the factory to replicate.

And the production pieces wont be as good as the prototype, which looks better, but is still off.

Want to grab it... but have to pass.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:34 PM   #318
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
And the production pieces wont be as good as the prototype, which looks better, but is still off.

Want to grab it... but have to pass.
I'm worried about this as well, I own no prime 1 pieces, so I have no idea if they are better, worse or equal to sideshow with portraits, but since this is my favorite show all time minus the last two seasons and this is one of if not the best character in a perfectly designed statue, I'm just gonna pray they get the face right, I have 2 questions, I thought about using secretcompass or spec fiction, anybody think one is better than the other? and one says expected to ship in March 2020 (secretcompass) while spec fiction says January 2021, why such different estimates?
Old 11-15-2019, 08:49 PM   #319
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:
I'm worried about this as well, I own no prime 1 pieces, so I have no idea if they are better, worse or equal to sideshow with portraits, but since this is my favorite show all time minus the last two seasons and this is one of if not the best character in a perfectly designed statue, I'm just gonna pray they get the face right, I have 2 questions, I thought about using secretcompass or spec fiction, anybody think one is better than the other? and one says expected to ship in March 2020 (secretcompass) while spec fiction says January 2021, why such different estimates?
Prime 1 isn't doing the portrait here, it is Blitzway which is on par with Hot Toys for portraits. You should check out their web site to get an idea of their work which is stunning.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:03 PM   #320
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
Prime 1 isn't doing the portrait here, it is Blitzway which is on par with Hot Toys for portraits. You should check out their web site to get an idea of their work which is stunning.
Ok cool thanks, I'm gonna check it out now, glad to hear they are good!