Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-18-2017, 06:44 AM   #1
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

is secret compass a reputable website to buy statues from?

is secret compass a reputable website to buy statues from?

Thank you
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:53 AM   #2
built2shred
Phoenix

I've been buying statues from them for awhile now without any issues. I know a couple guys on here had some issues with Secret Compass on pricing with XM Statues but other then that I haven't seen anything.

I guess my only gripe so far with them was I pre-ordered a couple of custom statues from him about 2 years ago and last month he said the statues were coming in and asked for final payment which was about $2k, I sent it and then a week later he said the company was having issues with their shipping boxes that the statues were breaking and they had to redesign the boxes delaying the statues for a few months. I'm sure it's all legit but I would of rather paid the $2k two months from now when the statues are actually ready to ship. I can only give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know about the shipping issues before asking for the final payment.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:21 AM   #3
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I've been buying statues from them for awhile now without any issues. I know a couple guys on here had some issues with Secret Compass on pricing with XM Statues but other then that I haven't seen anything.

I guess my only gripe so far with them was I pre-ordered a couple of custom statues from him about 2 years ago and last month he said the statues were coming in and asked for final payment which was about $2k, I sent it and then a week later he said the company was having issues with their shipping boxes that the statues were breaking and they had to redesign the boxes delaying the statues for a few months. I'm sure it's all legit but I would of rather paid the $2k two months from now when the statues are actually ready to ship. I can only give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know about the shipping issues before asking for the final payment.

thank you built2shred
Old 05-18-2017, 10:17 AM   #4
Python
Omega Red

I've used them a couple of times, they are legitimate.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:30 AM   #5
BurningRage
Inhumans

Bought a statue once from them. No problems.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:46 AM   #6
Barbarian
Jedi Order

I think they are legit. But, I'll say this - them keeping your deposit? That's real.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:20 PM   #7
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I hope so. I have a preorder with them right now.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:58 AM   #8
qz33
Rescue

I won't say it is not reputable but I would be sure and keep a watchful eye on Shane. He can be a bit sly and pushy with the sales tactics and refunds.

I'd keep as many layers of financial protection between he and myself and I wouldn't string out any orders past 6 months because every company is reputable until they aren't.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:55 PM   #9
Davidian
Omega Flight

Ordered the XM Darkness statue without issues. It showed up with a damaged piece, but got it replaced without issue. Have the XM Witchblade on PO with them as well. So far so good, at least for me.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:13 AM   #10
One Above All

Thank you for the info Python, BurningRage, Barbarian, Nugchompa, qz33, Davidian

I will buy from elsewhere