Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-17-2019, 07:01 PM   #291
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I am surprised Sideshow revealed nothing new in the JSC Fairy Tale line at SDCC. Thy need to reveal something new. Perhaps they are waiting for Alice to ship before making new announcements.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 07:26 PM   #292
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I think Scott Campbell convinced Sideshow they could make more money by launching the Spider-man & Mary-Jane Maquette, while continuing to try to sell Tink and the variant Little Mermaid.

Plus they still have to sell out 6000 Alice's too, which they will baring production issues...

I will be surprised if there are any new Fairy-tail character announcements at Nycc 2019. Most likely, Scott and Sideshow won't be talking about any new Fairy-tail characters until 2020, which kind of sucks, but it is a smart marketing strategy.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 07:34 PM   #293
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

They also wasted too much time pumping out multiple Mermaid variants. While I don't want it to be, I'm starting to get the feeling that the line is done after Alice.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 11:21 AM   #294
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Going to tell myself that it's taking longer because they sent it to their "nicer factory" which has less quality issues so J Scott Campbell is good with the outcome... yes, yes... that's the reason.....
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:11 AM   #295
AC_808
Hercules

C'mon Sideshow! ...we need more reveals for this line!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:22 AM   #296
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
I think Scott Campbell convinced Sideshow they could make more money by launching the Spider-man & Mary-Jane Maquette, while continuing to try to sell Tink and the variant Little Mermaid.

Plus they still have to sell out 6000 Alice's too, which they will baring production issues...

I will be surprised if there are any new Fairy-tail character announcements at Nycc 2019. Most likely, Scott and Sideshow won't be talking about any new Fairy-tail characters until 2020, which kind of sucks, but it is a smart marketing strategy.
Want Tink sold out in pre-order?
I think you are assuming too much.
Obviously Cinderella is in the works, since she has a small appearance at the end of their feature video.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:58 PM   #297
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Maybe I am, but I was really disappointed when there was no new Fairy-tail character(s) announcements at San Diego Comic Con.

The fact that Campbell and Sideshow collaborated to do the Spider-man & Mary-Jane Maquette instead of a fairy-tail characters, demonstrates to me, that they aren't interest in continuing the Fairy-tail line at the moment. (And it doesn't help that Spider-man looks awful in the Maquette.)

Because of this, I'm just no longer expecting any new Fairy-tail characters announced this year. Hopefully though, we will see something new next year in 2020.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:47 PM   #298
AC_808
Hercules

Man, I'm hoping they reveal new characters from this line at NYCC19.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:12 AM   #299
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
Maybe I am, but I was really disappointed when there was no new Fairy-tail character(s) announcements at San Diego Comic Con.

The fact that Campbell and Sideshow collaborated to do the Spider-man & Mary-Jane Maquette instead of a fairy-tail characters, demonstrates to me, that they aren't interest in continuing the Fairy-tail line at the moment. (And it doesn't help that Spider-man looks awful in the Maquette.)

Because of this, I'm just no longer expecting any new Fairy-tail characters announced this year. Hopefully though, we will see something new next year in 2020.
Really? between NYCC, Spooktacular and 12 days of SideShow there is still quite a good chance they'll reveal another...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:27 AM   #300
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Sideshow isn't known for finishing lines they start. Usually it's 3-5 in a series then they dump it. Hopefully they'll continue the Fairy Tale line, but I'm not holding my breath.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote