Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM   #451
karauak
Fantastic Four

Only me was lucky and got the perfect (undamage) diorama?
karauak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 06:35 AM   #452
Lemmiwinkles
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
Is iron studios good to deal with directly? has anyone received replacement parts from them?
They’re very slow. I bought the standalone Explorer 05 and it arrived to the UK with a broken front bar, a missing lens on the front bar mounted light and the 3 lights on the roof broken off. Luckily, the repairs are invisible thanks to a good quality flexible superglue and the piece is now solid. However, I had to remove the other lens off the front bar light to match the other (although I actually prefer the look, as the lens make them look much bigger than they should be and the prototype car had them painted with a black frame).

Iron Studios initially offered me an insulting $40 store credit, bearing in mind shipping cost me £150 and customs was another £130 for the Explorer alone. They’re now claiming with FedEx after I told them I thought their offer was very unfair. I’m considering going down the credit card route to recover the shipping if they don’t come up with an acceptable offer. I fully understand they’re fragile and I’m very happy with the car, but it’s the fact I paid £150 in shipping that’s grinding my gears, especially because the outer box was damaged and FedEx signed for it as damaged too. I thought that would be a pretty easy case.

With that said, I don’t regret the purchase in the slightest. It’s absolutely stunning.

Ps; I also opted to shave the bottom of the antennas off and instead glue them to the door mirrors. They just don’t fit properly out of the box and was worried about snapping a mirror off. They also didn’t sit completely vertical.

Lemmiwinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 07:33 AM   #453
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

That car is amazing!
For people in the U.K. who have received Ser A, how much was postage and the VAT charges?
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:24 AM   #454
wayne-m0
The Spirit

I had both sets mate and it came in all in at just under £3000
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:32 AM   #455
Spiker
Fantastic Four

Got my Explorer No. 5 too yesterday. I think it is really nice but i have one concern.... The windows are so thin... they feel like blisterpackages for action figures. Ok i dont touch em all the time but i really worry about them getting yellow by time? Anyone else thought about this?
Spiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 05:56 PM   #456
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne-m0 View Post
I had both sets mate and it came in all in at just under £3000
Well that's interesting as it was £3000 if buying from a UK retailer so I guess it doesn't make too much difference if you order from there or the IS website.
Old 02-12-2020, 01:55 PM   #457
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Mine arrived this week! Absolutely stunning piece! Those people who are on the fence about this, I’d say GET IT! ...It’s enormous and none of the photos I’ve seen do it any justice. It has such presence, when you walk in the room it doesn’t just catch your attention, it demands it! Only one part damaged, which was the top of one of the electric fence posts. I have asked Iron studios if they will replace the post, yet to receive a reply. I know many people have simply glued it back on but I think for the amount I paid for this, I want everything to be perfect. ...But Rex and jeeps were in perfect condition and I’m in the UK so it has travelled a long way! But honestly guys if you are a big JP fan and you have the money, this one is a must have! You won’t regret it. It’s by far the most impressive JP piece I’ve ever seen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	09F69751-5722-4B06-BBCD-4075129F0113.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	233.8 KB
ID:	128540   Click image for larger version

Name:	A67249F1-2B1F-4C65-9329-AAD6A681E7C9.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	128541   Click image for larger version

Name:	193399FC-608D-4858-B2DA-1C2150B8C4A5.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	128546  
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:17 PM   #458
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
Mine arrived this week! Absolutely stunning piece! Those people who are on the fence about this, I’d say GET IT! ...It’s enormous and none of the photos I’ve seen do it any justice. It has such presence, when you walk in the room it doesn’t just catch your attention, it demands it! Only one part damaged, which was the top of one of the electric fence posts. I have asked Iron studios if they will replace the post, yet to receive a reply. I know many people have simply glued it back on but I think for the amount I paid for this, I want everything to be perfect. ...But Rex and jeeps were in perfect condition and I’m in the UK so it has travelled a long way! But honestly guys if you are a big JP fan and you have the money, this one is a must have! You won’t regret it. It’s by far the most impressive JP piece I’ve ever seen.
Wow so impressive! I'm debating whether to get Set A as I can't afford the whole thing just now, or spend the money on more Weta LOTR statues as I've been collecting those since 2002. Did you order direct from IS? How much did you pay in the end? How much was shipping and the taxes? I need to know those figures before I can justify a purchase, if you don't mind me asking as I'm in the U.K too
Old 02-12-2020, 06:16 PM   #459
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
Wow so impressive! I'm debating whether to get Set A as I can't afford the whole thing just now, or spend the money on more Weta LOTR statues as I've been collecting those since 2002. Did you order direct from IS? How much did you pay in the end? How much was shipping and the taxes? I need to know those figures before I can justify a purchase, if you don't mind me asking as I'm in the U.K too
To be honest it was crazy money. I mean I knew I’d be hovering around the 2 grand mark to begin with but shipping and taxes drove it up past 3! Ended up having to use the credit card but I don’t regret it.
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:00 AM   #460
Vader
Ghost

must have been more. it is 2.5 k retail. before takes and shippign.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote