Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-21-2020, 02:27 AM   #921
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Killer sculpt. Hoping I can pick it up down the road.
Same here.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 03:00 AM   #922
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Wow! This cat is huge compared to Mags ...as he should be. Very nice!

Great pic, shows how nice he is done and how massive he is.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 11:27 PM   #923
ryanrocks
Frackin!

Can you guys help me if which one has more presence in person? This SS Cable or SS Rogue. Sorry i can only choose 1. Prices are way too high to get both
ryanrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 11:41 PM   #924
Star-struck
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanrocks View Post
Can you guys help me if which one has more presence in person? This SS Cable or SS Rogue. Sorry i can only choose 1. Prices are way too high to get both
It would have been Rogue EX for me, but since the EX is sold out I'd go Cable.
Star-struck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:16 AM   #925
ryanrocks
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-struck View Post
It would have been Rogue EX for me, but since the EX is sold out I'd go Cable.
Yes i can only get the regular rogue.. 😔
Old 02-10-2020, 01:42 AM   #926
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Quote:
I got the two of them + Magneto (I talk about it because of your avatar picture)

Imho, Magneto is number one on the matter of the presence, the biggest of the 3, the levitating pose, the massive base, you simply can't ignore it.

Concerning Rogue and Cable, I will try to stay as objective as I can, knowing that Cable is my favorite male character.

So concerning Cable, it is an impressive piece, it is a real beast, I didn't find any picture which translate how massive it is in hands. Plus the blue and yellow colors pop, his guns particularly the one that comes through the portal is a monster and while its pose is totally basic it works perfectly for this character. Plus, I'm in the minority but I'm really digging the portals, they are a nice addition to the statue.

Rogue, on the other way, has a stunning flying pose, the circular saw base is beautiful, the colors pop too. It truly is an engineering masterpiece. But I personnaly really hate her collector edition head, I won't ever put it on but if that doesn't bother you, it will be fine.

So my personnal top regarding only the presence of these pieces in a room is : 1) Magneto 2) Cable 3) Rogue.

I hope it will help you a little with your dilemma.
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:38 AM   #927
ryanrocks
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayhor View Post
I got the two of them + Magneto (I talk about it because of your avatar picture)

Imho, Magneto is number one on the matter of the presence, the biggest of the 3, the levitating pose, the massive base, you simply can't ignore it.

Concerning Rogue and Cable, I will try to stay as objective as I can, knowing that Cable is my favorite male character.

So concerning Cable, it is an impressive piece, it is a real beast, I didn't find any picture which translate how massive it is in hands. Plus the blue and yellow colors pop, his guns particularly the one that comes through the portal is a monster and while its pose is totally basic it works perfectly for this character. Plus, I'm in the minority but I'm really digging the portals, they are a nice addition to the statue.

Rogue, on the other way, has a stunning flying pose, the circular saw base is beautiful, the colors pop too. It truly is an engineering masterpiece. But I personnaly really hate her collector edition head, I won't ever put it on but if that doesn't bother you, it will be fine.

So my personnal top regarding only the presence of these pieces in a room is : 1) Magneto 2) Cable 3) Rogue.

I hope it will help you a little with your dilemma.
Woooow. Thanks for that detailed explanation.. those 3 are my favorites.. I more incline with Cable. Maybe because of being museum pose as well. Thanks a lot
Old 02-10-2020, 05:10 AM   #928
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I have issues with Magneto’s anatomy around the chest area. IMO, it does not look right. It’s just too small. They also made way too much Magneto’s out there.

Cables EX is not a must have unless you are a Deadpool fan. It’s a fantastic representation nevertheless.

Though it’s only a Rogue reg, it’s the best one out there. The sculpt is unbelievable and different. It’s one sexy looking statue. I would go with Rogue than Cable. I wouldn’t even put Magneto in this conversation.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:45 PM   #929
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Quote:
Woooow. Thanks for that detailed explanation.. those 3 are my favorites.. I more incline with Cable. Maybe because of being museum pose as well. Thanks a lot
You're welcome
And no matter what you choose, you can't loose, all three of them are among the best statues Sideshow has ever produced.
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:24 PM   #930
srttoz
Mephisto

As someone who owns both Mags Ex and Cable Ex I would honestly go Cable over him. First, it's more likely that the Cable Ex would sell out sooner than Mags since the regular is already on Waitlist. Second, its not as dynamic or as popular a character but his sheer size is super impressive. While Magneto is slightly taller (while hovering), Cable has about double the mass if not more. Lastly, if you like mixed media great. If not you can't remove Magnetos cape as its part of his shoulder pads whereas you can leave Cables poncho off if you so choose. Overall you can't go wrong with either.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote