Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-25-2020, 10:14 AM   #471
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I've had far more issues with Sideshow products than TH. I've waited weeks just to get an initial response from Sideshow about needing an exchange on a damaged product then weeks more to actually get the replacement. Even a refund from Sideshow (when they finally decide to do one after you jump through their hoops) isn't immediate. I didn't flip out and go to the BBB about them or try to start a revolution on their FB--which of course would get you banned on any page. Try that on Sideshow's FB page and see what happens. They delete posts constantly and ban people for less.

TH may have been around for awhile, but they are in no way a similar-sized company to Sideshow. That earlier analogy is perfect--Sideshow is Walmart in this hobby. Sideshow has resources and staff out the ass and they still mess up--constantly and without care for the customer. They have tons of quality control issues, charged my card and not shipped the item until weeks later without explanation, etc. TH makes mistakes (like every company in this hobby), but they do get everything resolved in the end. It may take longer than people like, but they take care of their customers, and they 100% appreciate our business. You actually talked to Chad on the phone. Do you understand how rare that is for any industry? Who runs Sideshow? I don't know, but I know for damn sure that I wouldn't be able to get him/her on the phone to ----- at them.

Sideshow doesn't care who buys their products. They just want sales and clicks on their social media. I've spent tens of thousands of dollars on their products and gone to their SDCC parties, and they don't have a clue of who I am. They don't inform customers about anything of substance like website issues and charging taxes or issues with factories and customs. Now, some people haven't had an issue with Sideshow so they may disagree with me, but I don't go into the Sideshow threads ranting and raving about what a ---- show I think they are.

We get it. Trust me, everyone that has tried to read this thread for news on the Robin statue understands that you're unhappy. I don't doubt for a second though that TH will get you squared away.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:34 PM   #472
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
I recently requested my refund via the website, phone, email, and, yes, the BBB. My displeasure with Tweeterhead stems from issues that were brought up back in September that were never resolved (though I was assured that they would be very soon).

I was unhappy with TH's failure to accurately describe or show the Robin EX base and the holdup with the Superman replacements (though I understand the Superman replacements were going to take some time). I voiced this on the Facebook group and Chad contacted me personally. We had a conversation on September 1 that lasted for about an hour. He admitted that it was handled very poorly (as he also admitted in his videos).

We discussed the Robin base, its inaccurate description, and the possible redesign. He assured me that I would be pleased with the resolution and guaranteed me that the Superman replacements would be coming very soon. He also said that he'd send me an EX Batman glove for my troubles. None of these things materialized. His description of the Robin base on the phone does not reflect the concept art that we are seeing right now.

Fast forward five months and we still haven't seen the complete Robin base (only the concept art and the promise of a reveal next week). Despite the concept art looking rather terrible, I was still planning to just keep my order, but changed my mind after I was banned because I suggested to another person who was waiting for a refund to contact the BBB. (That is the REAL reason I was banned from the FB group, not for being "toxic." I suggested someone contact the BBB, where they already have an F rating and have failed to address any customer complaints since June of last year.)

I am now following my own advice and creating a record of communications with TH. I feel that contacting the BBB is warranted after communications via Facebook were cut off and every promise made during our September conversation had been broken. I also refuse to pay their "restocking" fee for a product that is misrepresented and late by nearly a half a year (according to the FTC, I don't believe it's even legal to charge a customer if your product is excessively late--and just about every statue released by Tweeterhead has been).

I know I seem like a dick because Chad is online creating videos, seeming extremely sympathetic. I'm the bad guy for 'attacking' a company that makes statues people like. But if you start talking to people who've had to deal with them and start looking into their business practices, you'd be extremely hesitant to give them your credit card.

Some advice:

If you like their statues, buy them from Sideshow.
Doesn't sound like it took long for you to run to the BBB after requesting a refund. It was your payback to TH for banning you from the FB group. Of course you were being toxic on their FB page. Now you're in the fans group trolling while hiding behind the profile pic of a dog. Other companies have delays and make changes from the prototype. Welcome to statue collecting. Stop trying to tell others who to buy from.

Some advice: don't PO statues early or find a different hobby.
Sonic Boom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:42 PM   #473
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Doesn't sound like it took long for you to run to the BBB after requesting a refund. It was your payback to TH for banning you from the FB group. Of course you were being toxic on their FB page. Now you're in the fans group trolling while hiding behind the profile pic of a dog. Other companies have delays and make changes from the prototype. Welcome to statue collecting. Stop trying to tell others who to buy from.

Some advice: don't PO statues early or find a different hobby.
It is actually an interesting dynamic, since he does have a fairly large collection of statues. He obviously still likes the product since he says he'll just order from SpecFiction or SS. I don't think that delays, (which are out of most company's control) warrant involving the BBB but to each their own.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:58 PM   #474
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
It is actually an interesting dynamic, since he does have a fairly large collection of statues. He obviously still likes the product since he says he'll just order from SpecFiction or SS. I don't think that delays, (which are out of most company's control) warrant involving the BBB but to each their own.
I wasn't getting that delays were the main driver of dissatisfaction here.

But, the FB banning does seem to have set him off, for sure. Maybe it's too little, too late, but Chad was even being a softie on that video when it came to releasing the ban. And, really, what retailer does want someone recommending someone going to the BBB in the comments section of a FB page?
BrandonJF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:32 PM   #475
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I was just looking at the BBB reviews for TH. Just people whining about something not being signed or they got a refund that took too long. They must be new to the hobby because shipping delays are common. Maybe I'm being too hard on slowmotion, or maybe I'm just more patient than others.
Sonic Boom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 05:48 PM   #476
slow17motion
The Spirit

I thought I'd let you know that Chad refunded me the entirety of my two orders today, which amounts to over $600.

I am satisfied with the result. And, unlike many others, I received my money in a short period of time because I was more than willing to be very public about it.

Sonic Boom, you dismiss the BBB complaints because you think they're whiners. Unfortunately, you're not looking at the bigger picture. Several of those complaints are not public and the business has not responded. This disguises the issues, but gives the Tweeterhead its "F" rating with the BBB.

I will no longer discuss the issue following this post, as I consider the matter closed. I have NEVER openly vented about another statue company's customer service and I would not have complained about Tweeterhead if I didn't believe the company was treating its customers poorly on a consistent basis.

I understand that there are defenders of TH, and their minds will not change. However, let this be a lesson to those of you who were waiting months and months for a refund. It pays to not be silent when a company begins to treat you unfairly. Consumers have rights. No one should pay a restocking fee for an item that is half a year late or doesn't match its initial description (or both).

I will honor my word and not post another word about this. I am satisfied with my money and I look forward to putting it towards the Sideshow Colossus PF instead.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:32 PM   #477
MapleDonut
Justice League

Any new pics of Robin being shown tomorrow during the webcast?
MapleDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:54 PM   #478
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleDonut View Post
I'm not sure.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:57 PM   #479
MapleDonut
Justice League

Be nice to see some clearer images of the factory versions if they are any available.
MapleDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 07:07 PM   #480
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleDonut View Post
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote