Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-24-2020, 06:55 AM   #51
Peedi
The Secret Six

If they did it right I’d get a Hercules PF. For him to be such a popular fictional character in the world, he’s such an underrated and undervalued Marvel character. I feel like Marvel is the only thing that made Thor popular in modern times where everybody knows Hercules just because. But not the Marvel version.

Here’s a comic where Hercules beat Hulk one on one in a fair fight in a comic Hulk was co-starring in... this would never happen nowadays, even though his mythology is literally beating fierce, killer monsters on a regular basis. Man deserves more credit than he gets.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:40 AM   #52
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
If they did it right I’d get a Hercules PF. For him to be such a popular fictional character in the world, he’s such an underrated and undervalued Marvel character. I feel like Marvel is the only thing that made Thor popular in modern times where everybody knows Hercules just because. But not the Marvel version.

Here’s a comic where Hercules beat Hulk one on one in a fair fight in a comic Hulk was co-starring in... this would never happen nowadays, even though his mythology is literally beating fierce, killer monsters on a regular basis. Man deserves more credit than he gets.

Couldn't agree more! Peedi for President!!

I would love a Bob Layton version!!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:21 PM   #53
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
I’ve been wanting THIS EXACT ROSTER of X-Men for years...partially there...

*quick nerdgasm, Beast and Angel weren’t X-Men during that time, Beast was an active Avenger, they only came back for the Dark Phoenix Saga to help Jean. Geek Out complete.

Not surprising at all.
Correct ... you nerd! HaHa

Love the Dark Phoenix saga. MCU needs to do justice to that saga.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:36 PM   #54
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Dave Cockrum really did hit a home run with Storm's original costume. It's great and I always like looking at it.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 04:18 PM   #55
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
I’ve been wanting THIS EXACT ROSTER of X-Men for years...partially there...

*quick nerdgasm, Beast and Angel weren’t X-Men during that time, Beast was an active Avenger, they only came back for the Dark Phoenix Saga to help Jean. Geek Out complete.
Nope, Angel rejoined the X-MEN in issue 138 while Byrne was still on the book. I believe he left the team about 10 issues later while Cockrum took over after Byrne left. He definitely wasn't an "official " member of the team during the Dark Phoenix saga though. That minor note aside, I'd kill for a classic Byrne lineup of PFs. Being a HUGE X-MEN fan of that era...it would be a dream come true.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 02:58 AM   #56
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

My first Avengers comics I read were with Hercules instead of Thor, so for me a Hercules PF would be a win.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote