Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-25-2020, 03:02 PM   #26321
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i have not read the books, i actually have quite the backlog of comic books i want to read but i am thinking about getting my gf an audible subscription so she can listen to them and fill me in. one of my buddies said the books are better which doesnt surprise me as "the books usually are better"

i noticed the change of actor immediately. partly because it was driving me nuts trying to think of where i knew richard harris from (gladiator). also his demeanor was quite a bit different as you noted. harris was much kinder and more regal. at first i found the change somewhat jarring but grew to like the final dumbledore

if you get a chance - GO! i knew nothing about the world before going there but the environment is so immersive and rich with detail its impossible not to appreciate it. i can only imagine how it would be if you were already a fan

This is at Universal? We are going this coming November. Booked 1.5 weeks at Disney. We pencilled in Universal as well.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 05:18 PM   #26322
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Donnie Darko (Director's Cut) - this movie just gets better and better each time I watch it. Some would argue that the directors cut reveals too much about whats actually going on, but I thought it was just right. I watched it two times in a row, which really helped me pick up on things as the movie is cyclical, really weird movie but a lot of fun and so much to think about and ponder when the pieces start to get put together. Also, I liked that it takes place in the 80's like any movie that takes place in the 80's lol - 10/10

The Prestige - great movie from Christopher Nolan, with Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale and Scarlet Johanson starring (and David Bowie as Tesla!!) really fun movie full of twists and turns, and lots of things to theorize about. Maybe Nolan's "prestige" as a director was fooling the audience into believing what they saw on screen was to be taken at face value - 9/10

Double Dragon - this movie is too funny. I haven't seen it since it first came out in 1994 (when I thought it was amazing at the ripe age of 9) but watching it now, wow is it bad...but super entertaining for some reason! Maybe it was seeing Robert Patrick as the campiest villain ever, or Alyssa Milano doing her best not to LOL at every line she said, but none the less it kept my attention, probably just for the nostalgia alone - 5/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:05 AM   #26323
Y3E
Gen 13

Parasite - 6.5/10. Predictable movie.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 03:40 PM   #26324
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Parasite - 6.5/10. Predictable movie.
You're a smarter person than I am if you were able to predict that plot twist.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 06:25 PM   #26325
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Rocketman - I had a great time watching this movie, and I found out a lot about Elton John. I even ended up downloading a bunch of Elton John music afterwards which i've been enjoying! - 8.5/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 08:11 PM   #26326
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

CatVideoFest 2020 (2020) - A compilation reel of the latest and best cat videos culled from countless hours of unique submissions and sourced animations, music videos and a classic internet powerhouses.

Hmm. My friend dragged me to this screening which admittedly had a few truly funny clips although most were just cats being cats in my opinion. I would have liked more of the short documentaries that were sprinkled throughout which I found more appealing. Tickets sales help raise money for cats in need. 4/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 09:10 PM   #26327
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
This is at Universal? We are going this coming November. Booked 1.5 weeks at Disney. We pencilled in Universal as well.
YES IT IS!! You must go. I hear that Escape from Gringots is one of the best ride in all the parts. And the new Hagrid ride is dope too.

I am jealous you’re going. I’m jealous of everybody who has been. It looks amazing.

I heat the lines are pretty legit in length, so either fast passes or 2 days are needed. Have a great time with the fam, Charles!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 10:21 AM   #26328
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

From the Fast and the Furious franchise Hobbs & Shaw - fun action movie. I'll definitely watch it here and there. 8/10
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 11:05 AM   #26329
SONICobra
Batman

detective pikachu - 7/10

if pokemon was ever part of your life in any capacity im sure youll enjoy it, they were very well realized. justice smith's character was pretty annoying though

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
yes the castle and most of the rides are at islands of adventure, gringots and diagon alley are at universal studios. you can take the train between the two parks which turns out to be a simulator "ride" of sorts itself

i wish we had more time at the disney parks - avatar's flight of passage at animal kingdom and rise of the resistance at hollywood studios are a MUST. have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
YES IT IS!! You must go. I hear that Escape from Gringots is one of the best ride in all the parts. And the new Hagrid ride is dope too.
hagrids motorcycle ride was easily one of my favorites. the gringots ride was pretty good too but honestly i found the path to the ride more interesting than the ride itself, youre literally walking through gringots top to bottom it feels like youre actually there
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 05:54 AM   #26330
sylvan
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Richard jewell. 6/10. Felt for the man
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote