Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 04-09-2024, 03:15 AM   #1651
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zera View Post
I REALLY have my fingers crossed for a Man-E-Faces down the line. Been my favorite for as long as I've been in to MotU. Always thought the gimmick was cool and love that sort of Jack Kirby Fourth World aesthetic.
Man-E-Faces was a favorite of mine, too.

Mattel's own Big Jim line did that gimmick in the 70's already, albeit those had only two faces.

By the way, Jack Kirby provided art for that line, too!

Welcome to the forum. : )
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 09:58 PM   #1652
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I’m really not understanding what the hold up is on releasing and teasing more of these pieces. Are they not selling well? Are they just going to do variants of all the pieces (except Skeletor which seems like a no brainer)?

It was teased that because She-Ra is turning 40 there may be a statue. At this point I don’t see that happening
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 10:28 PM   #1653
Igo
Producer
Producer

Releases take a bit for this line (Legends) because we always wanna make sure these things are the absolute best that they can be. It's been great hearing from so many how much they love this line, and how strong it has been going for so long... So we just want to make sure we keep that level of quality going because the last thing we'd wanna do is release something not up to par with the previous pieces.

We pepper in variants inbetween releases that (to us) make sense. We dont do them randomly, we have them planned ahead of time and hold off on releasing them incase a figure isnt successful enough. If it's successful, and we can, we do a variant that we HOPE collectors can appreciate.

As for more teases, on RADD Titan a couple of weeks ago we showed and discussed updates for Sorceress, Man-At-Arms, and Scare Glow, that seems like a meaty update to me and shows that the line is going strong and that we're committed to keeping it going.

As yes, you're right, we have discussed She-Ra for the 40th, but that's next year (according to Mattel) so we arnt going to formally announce her or tease anything until after we get further along on everything else.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by Igo; 04-17-2024 at 02:09 PM.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 09:45 AM   #1654
SONICobra
Batman

the teases looked awesome man, thats pretty much exactly what i was hoping for with man-at-arms (at least from the concept sketch). im just going to beat the dead horse one more time to drive home the fact how awesome it would be - skeletor maquette in classic colors ok im done now
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote