Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-15-2019, 07:41 PM   #211
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Just got her majesty in. I'll defer my opinion to the guy in the video above in agreement with most of his points. I had no breakage, will have to use the blow dryer on two of the back spines to straighten them. Have no idea how this made it to me in one piece the way it sits in the styrofoam. Tail and many of the more breakable kibble pieces are indeed made of plastic/PVC. Had no issues slotting the tail.

I personally like it. You can never have too many aliens. I have the Palisades Queen, avoided the SS Dio Queen because of the base and aftermarket price and got screwed by Matrix Studios with their Queen. I am definitely in the P1 wait and see camp and if you have any reservations on this purchase follow that instinct. It's a stunner but not something you'll kick yourself if you can't bring yourself to buy atm. Any questions or concerns by all means ask.
If you don’t mind, could you provide some more info on the Matrix Studios Queen? I didn’t know there was an issue with that one
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:53 AM   #212
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
She's not as glossy as the king. She's got some parts on her that look flat but have that bug carapace sheen to them. I'm guessing he thought they would just copy/paste the same idea to her as they did the king. I think she looks fine in that department. The gloss is used where it should be (eggs, Facehuggers, chitin on the floor) and not over done.
Thanks for the clarification
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:17 PM   #213
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Anyone who already has the Alien King and is getting the Alien Queen should post pics with the 2 side by side, which would make an EPIC display....
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:01 PM   #214
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Anyone who already has the Alien King and is getting the Alien Queen should post pics with the 2 side by side, which would make an EPIC display....
That's the plan!
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:32 PM   #215
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
That's the plan!
Old 05-16-2019, 04:59 PM   #216
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
If you don’t mind, could you provide some more info on the Matrix Studios Queen? I didn’t know there was an issue with that one
So this all started when I bought the Matrix Shockwave through Secret Compass. It came with 5 minor broken pieces that I had no problem fixing because the only alternative was shipping the statue back to Asia on my dime. SC was nice enough to give me a credit. Done deal & happy.

Then Matrix showed off their WoW movie statue and DOTM Dino. I lost interest in the WoW statue when I couldn't find a reputable dealer and PO'ed Dino through SC again. At this time Matrix showed off their unlicensed Queen and PO'ed it from SC. All PO's were around $500 each. So a year goes by with no new US info on Dino and Queen. I could see they were getting the first batches out to Asia and surrounding areas first through Facebook. I contact SC to see what's up and they tell me theyre negotiating a shipping deal with Matrix to get their PO's over here. An entire year later I had been getting the same answers from SC. So two years in, no Dino, no Queen same response. I go check on Facebook and the whole sites being burned down with drama. Things like Matrix didn't make enough Dino's and Queens and shipped them everywhere but the US/EU/CA. The Queens have quality control issues up the wazoo. Some Queen heads had mold issues where there were noticeable holes and gaps in the material used for them. Leaning issues with the Queen, etc. I actually saw one fall forward and go splat.

Two and a half years still no info just the shipping response so I just asked for a refund which needed a little prodding on my part with SC. All in all a bad experience. AND... my Matrix Shockwave has parts that randomly fall off because the glue they used was cheap. I feel like a mamma bird with it.

If you look hard enough, there are videos and write-ups on the drama with the company. Here is the Facebook page. They haven't posted anything since March 2018. Just read peoples comments you'll get the gist of it. This was my experience, I'm sure some folks had a different experience. Me personally I'd stay far away.

https://www.facebook.com/MatrixsStudio/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Thanks for the clarification
No problem. If you have any others questions ask away. I really want to get the King but keep telling myself to focus on the first two movies.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:12 PM   #217
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Someone did on FB
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 02:41 AM   #218
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Someone did on FB
Are you able to provide a link to that facebook page?
Old 05-17-2019, 06:16 AM   #219
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Are you able to provide a link to that facebook page?
Just one pic they had.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B597D6C2-AEE5-4CE1-84B7-09F7D4CD2613.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	259.4 KB
ID:	123388  
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:35 AM   #220
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote: