Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 07-15-2005, 05:07 PM   #41
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLoco
I'm all for different people's P.O.V but is there a way you guys can talk about what books you are reviewing before you post? So that way, maybe Bat_Collector could do less mainstream books ("Freshmen" "Walking Dead" "Weapon X Days Of Future Now") and WKTF and Sam could takle more mainstream books. Or maybe you can mix it up. That way, you guys can cover more books and if someone agrees or disagrees with their reviews, someone can just post in the respective thread. I don't know, just a thought

We usually communicate better. Some books I think would benifit from multiple opinions, big releases like All Star Batman. I try and review unpopular books as often as possible (but not necessarily "underground"), and wktf really has some great and not so mainstream choices for his tpb reviews (maus, the will eisner ogn). And like I said b4, I'll take any requests (reviewed Infinity Gauntlet and Mutant Massacre on request).
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 05:17 PM   #42
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
Some books I think would benifit from multiple opinions, big releases like All Star Batman)
True, but I think some people read reviews in order to pick up books or not, or maybe they want to pick up an extra book and don't know which one so they refer to the review that they read. IMHO HUGE books like AS Batman don't need that many reviews, because A) people are going to buy it anyways and B) just about every website has a review of it. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoys all your reviews but I'm just saying that maybe some less known books are getting the short end of the stick.
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 05:58 PM   #43
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLoco
True, but I think some people read reviews in order to pick up books or not, or maybe they want to pick up an extra book and don't know which one so they refer to the review that they read. IMHO HUGE books like AS Batman don't need that many reviews, because A) people are going to buy it anyways and B) just about every website has a review of it. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoys all your reviews but I'm just saying that maybe some less known books are getting the short end of the stick.
I need to review more titles like Flash, Nightwing, and other less popular titles.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 05:12 PM   #44
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawg59
WKTF... you and Sammy bring me great enjoyment with these reviews each week. You always seem to touch on the stuff I'm curious about but wouldn't pic up otherwise...

great stuff Vatos
Thanks, Dawg!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 05:15 PM   #45
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Hey gang,

I just found out that the October Masterworks will be Thor #4 which should contain the very story line I reviewed in this thread!

By the bristling beard of Odin, by Asgards golden spires, by Fandrall's flashing blade, it seems that sometimes the very stars in the heavens DO align! I say thee, if thou didst find my review of the Odinson's adventures appetite wetting, then hie thee to Amazon or thy lcs and place thine order for this fine volume today!!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote